Chapter 15. Sleeping Over

"I might head off now, have some um duties to get to."
Mighty Eagle reminded, pacing backwards.

"Okay well enjoy your evening."
Red waved off as Mighty Eagle flew off into the distance. Red raced up to Bomb and Chuck who were still discussing something.

"Hey! So got any ideas for what we are going to do?"
Red asked, squeezing in between them both.

"Oh! Uuum"-

"Yes! we are going to go swimming!"
Bomb exclaimed, obviously terribly at lying.

"In my house?"
Red questioned, raising an eyebrow with a tiny smile.

"Haha! Good one Bomb, no we actually thought it'd be fun to maybe do a new puzzle I got or watch a movie."
Chuck interrupted, taking Reds interest.

"That sounds like a fun idea, puzzles are so calming sometimes."

"Yeah sometimes, but they can be so frustrating!"
Bomb argued back. On the walk they took a quick turn towards Chucks home so he can grab his new puzzle set from inside.

"Okay you guys can wait inside and I can go get the puzzle set."
Chuck pointed up his stairs to his home.

"Up there? Why don't we just wait out here since you'll be out in less than a second anyways."
Chuck and Bomb both looked at each other hesitantly.

"I-I could make you some hot cocoa up there as well!"
Chuck also recommended, but Red just raised his hand in denial.

"I'm all good, we can have cocoa's at my house anyways."
Chuck was running out of ideas and ended up letting Red wait outside with Bomb who watched the area like a hawk. Worrying Red a tiny bit.

"Um is there something out there?"
Red finally decided to ask, also looking around but wasn't able to see much with the light slowly fading from the sunset. Bomb jumped at his question, suddenly resting his arm against the tree.

"What?! No! pssh I was just um looking for...- wolves!"

"Wolves?!"

"No! Um not wolves heh- what I meant was Wolf...-erena."

"Wolferena?"

"Yeah... she's a new girl in the village- she was raised by wolves..."
Red softly nodded his head just staring back into the wilderness as Bomb awkwardly waited as well.

"Okay! Got it! Lets go!!"
Chuck exclaimed, holding the large puzzle box and both Bomb and Chuck leading Red away towards his home. Eventually the crew arrived back to Reds house, where both Bomb and Chuck raced inside, peeking around the room before Red could even enter his own home. Red watched as Chuck and Bomb tried to sneakily look around while also being the most obvious suspicious one there.

"What are you guys doing?"
Red couldn't help but question, with Bomb putting his bed back down and Chuck close his drawers shut.

"Uuum- just making sure there aren't any creepy crawlies in your house. it's all clean so there's no need to worry!"
Chuck reassured, with Bomb nodding along. Red chuckled at their act.

"Very funny guys, I have seen you both snoop around the whole walk back. So spill it."
Both the boys sighed and looked at each other one last time before Bomb walked to Red.

"I... saw a ship."
Bomb started, fiddling his fingers, looking up at the Red whose expression hasn't changed.

"And what? you think it's a piggy boat?"

"I mean, I'm not entirely positive it is, but it looked eerily close..."
Bomb kept on, trying to remember as much as he could about the boat.

"It's okay guys, I don't think they'll ever come back. That guy is probably back on his own island planning to go after a totally different island."
Red crossed his arms, believing Leonard had already moved on.

"That might be true... I guess I was just worry since we only got you back and we didn't want to lose you again."
Chuck spoke up, his voice becoming slower and his breathing becoming unorganised. Red looked at him with sorrow and walked up to him.

"Hey hey it's okay, I'll always be right here."
Red promised, sitting beside Chuck and rubbing his back. Bomb had also sat beside Chuck as rubbed his eyes better.

"Now why don't we go put a puzzle together, also what is actually the puzzle of?"
Red asked, grabbing the puzzle box to see it was of Eagle Mountain- of course. Chuck adjusted back to his happy self and Red opened the box on the floor, all three of them looking through the different pieces and start connecting them together. Bomb was busy trying to connect puzzles all sharing the exact same colour. Chuck was busy hoarding all the corner pieces and piecing them together and Red was just seeing what would fit together, wondering through his thoughts as he did that.

"Hey, when you were on the ship. How did you fight Leonard again?"
Chuck asked, pulling two obviously wrong pieces apart.

"Yeah! that is always such an interesting and unbelievable story, pleeeaaaasse can you tell it again?"
Bomb added, also leaning in to hear it.

"Okay, okay heh well...- I am in his dark dungeon at the bottom of his ship!"
Red exclaims, raising his hands for more thrills.

"He was walking closer to me with the most evilest grin on his face but I wasn't scared of course and I just grabbed a whole-ass desk, throwing it right at him!"
Chuck and Bomb looked at him in astonishment, waiting for Red to continue.

"Hit him right in the face and while he is distracted I run up and tackle him to the ground and punch him, one after another, he surprisingly isn't great at fighting and so he's gone then his henchmen!"

"Wait- you fought the henchmen as well?"
Reds eyes widen, and his heart stops for a second before he quickly corrects himself.

"Oh! yeah yeah, did I forget that part? well I did and they were out in a flash too, but with every one gone two more came!"

"Woooah, that must of been crazy!"
Chuck, sat cross-legged almost leaning forwards towards Red.

"Yeeeah! and um and I fought all of them. and uuuh- oh look a match!"

"Oh! I was just looking for that piece!"
Red interrupted, putting two pieces together and attracting Bombs and Chucks attention back to the puzzle rather than to his made up story.

Hours later, it had begun to get late, later than usual for the trio. With only half the puzzle solved they decided to call it a day and set up their sleeping stuff. Both Chuck and Bomb slept on a make-shift bed made out of leaves beside Reds bed. Chuck was surprisingly already asleep, snoring loudly as Bomb tucked him in. Red slumped against in small window, looking up at the bright blue moon.

"Goodnight Red."
Bomb wrapped himself under the blanket as well as Red also wished him a good night, turning back to his outside view.

'Could he really be back?'

Red thought to himself, imagining his time with Leonard. He shook his head forcefully, erasing Leonard from his mind.

'Of course not, why would he'

Red concluded, pulling his blankets back and hiding himself underneath his blankets as the light of the night shined onto his face.

"Morning!"
Chuck cheered with life over Red. He had been bouncing his hands on Reds bed, motioning Red to wake up.

"C'mon Chuck, he'll wake up in his own time."
Bomb tried to interrupt, speaking from a distance away.

"Too late, he's awake already- Red what would you like for breakfast!"
Chuck loudly asked, bouncing the bed even more.

"I will t-tell you o-once you sto-op bouncing my bed."
Red tried to say as he was moved up and down constantly. Chuck stopped and Red sat up, rubbing his hair out of his face as he faced the too energetic Chuck.

"I think i'll have a too energetic kid for breakfast."
Red warned, jumping out of bed and scaring Chuck off with Red chasing him closely behind. Bomb watched as they raced around and set the food on the table, eventually grabbing both Chuck and Red and seating them down. After they both calmed down, Bomb sat down as well and they all enjoyed their breakfast as the morning shined through.