Epilogue

CHAPTER SONG - DANCING WITH YOUR GHOST BY SASHA SLOAN.

Two rough months of my life passed without Zain's existence. In other words, two months passed after Zain's demise. I did not want to accept the truth that Zain was dead. Life was just flying-by-night. I was again surviving, not living. I really wanted Zain back.

"Good morning." Talia Mom said. She was holding a large bag with her. I was still in bed when she came to my room.

"Is it something special today?" I asked. She looked happy for the first time after Zain's death.

"Umm, sweetie, it's 18th January today." Talia mom said.

"My birthday?" I swiftly reminded my mind that it was my birthday, or , my mind reminded it to me.

"Yes. Happy birthday, kid. Stay happy and blessed always." She came to me and hugged me. I said a thanks to her and ran to Ayaan's room, who'd shifted back 2 weeks ago. It was my birthday so of course it was twin's too. It was Shrey's birthday also.

When I reached to Ayaan's territory , I tiptoed to his bed and climbed upon it.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHERRRR!!!!!" I shouted which really made Ayaan, who was sleeping, astound.

I pecked on his head and lied beside him. He was still not in his senses.

"Is it our birthday today?" Ayaan asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Hey, happy birthday beautiful." Ayaan said and kissed me on my cheeks. I smiled. I was lying on his bed with him when Talia mom, along with Anwar and Neil came to us. They were bellowing the 'happy birthday' song for us and banged party poppers.

"Thanks guys." Said Ayaan.

"Thank you Neil and Mom and Dad!" I'd called my parents Mom and Dad for the first time that day. They became ecstatic.  I felt good.

Talia mom gave us the large bag which she was carrying in my room also. We asked what was inside it.

"The clothes you are going to wear in your party." She replied.

"No, please, I really don't want any merrymaking. I mean I am not in a state." I said. I was very serious.

"Even I." Ayaan said.

"But Zain has already organised everything." Neil said. He shook me entirely. Then he told us how excited Zain was to celebrate this day and how he had worked fot weeks to make this our best day.

After our parents and Neil insisting for half an hour, we agreed.

I went back to my room for some human minutes.

After bathing, I wore a denim blue knee-length dress. I combed my hair and picked up my phone to call Shrey. It was 10 a.m. and Shrey had called 28 times and left 42 messages. I felt guilty for being so dense.

I called Shrey.

"Hi, Ira. Happy Birthday, best friend." Shrey picked up after the 4th ring.

"Happy Birthday to you too," I said, "I'm sorry, I was just taking a little time to regulate. Everyone was over so I could not call-"

Shrey interrupted me. "Hey, it's alright."

I talked to Shrey for a couple of minutes after which I went downstairs from where I was pissed off by Neil.

"Shrey will be here soon, and we'll do everything." Neil said when I tried helping him.

"He'll be working on his own birthday. Rude." I said.