10

I opened my eyes in a brightly lit white painted room. The dripping system made me realise that I was lying on a hospital bed. I tried sitting but it was very tough and painful. I kept on trying to sit but the bodily suffering inside me made me give up soon.

"Zain? Ayaan? Neil? Talia Mom? Anwar? I started shouting in a very high pitched voice. Suddenly the room's door opened. On the doorstep stood my three brothers. Neil was holding a bouquet in his hands.

"What is this? Where am I ? And what had happened today?" I asked them. They came near me. Zain and Ayaan sat on the foot of the bed and Neil shifted a chair and sat on it.

"Not today. 2 days back." Neil replied and kept the flowers on the bed I was lying on.

"What ? I am here from how long?" I asked Neil.

"2 days. Don't worry! We are here and nobody will hurt you." Neil said.

"Who'll hurt me?" I was extremely confused and my head was also aching.

"Shut up Neil." Zain said. "Nothing, Ira. You rest we'll take you home today only." I smiled and did not fight to know the story because I had a severe headache. I rather slept quietly.

...

I was still not home when I woke up. I could see Neil sitting in the room. He was still on the same place where I saw him before going to sleep.

"You're still sitting here? And why aren't we at home?" I asked him.

"You fainted. We'll leave tomorrow. I promise."

"Ahh. I don't want to stay here."

"Me neither. But we'll have to. For you." Neil said.

"This place makes me feel nauseous." I told Neil and he put his palm on my forehead.

...

I was back at home by Monday. I was still feeling ill because of a slight pain in my head but it was very much better to be back home. Doc had advised me strictly to rest for practically 22 hours a day. I had got a slight concussion. My brothers used to stay in my room everyday for almost 20 hours in a 24 hours day. It was a nice way to spend more time with them. Shrey also used to pay a visit often. We never talked about the same topic after that day at the parking lot.

"Hey Zain ? Will you please tell me that what had happened and who had hit me with that confounded metal rod?" I questioned Zain one day. We were in my room. I had Rio in my arms. Shrey and Mia had also come over. Ayaan and Shrey were talking while Neil was flirting with Mia. Zain was on the floor beside me.

"That's not important for you to know. The thing which is necessary is that you have to recover soon." Zain said and curved his lips into a non-merry smile.

"Okay . Whatever." I said. " By the way I wish that you people could go again to some place to study. I will be in relief. You guys really annoy me a lot."

 "Nopes. I don't want you to miss us. And individually, I don't want you to miss me."

"Miss you? Nah . Never gonna happen." I said and chuckled under my breath.

"I know that you'll. "

"Try it." I said and smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"I am." We both started laughing.

"I love you Irr." Zain said and wrapped me in his muscular arms.

"But, I hate you unfortunately."

"Think and tell."

"Ahhh.. okay for your sake I'll say it. I love you back bro!"

HOPE THIS CHAPTER IS LIKED BY YOU PEOPLE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT.
WE LOVE YOU ALL.

WITH LOTS OF AFFECTION,
ARYARSHI. 💕