24

Chapter song - Talking to the Moon by Bruno Mars.

Listen to the song at the end of the chapter for more effect. Thank you.

Three days after his pre-funeral, Zain died at Hopewell Hospital, in the ICU. It was very uncertain. We all knew that he was going to recover, but he did not. He died. Zain died. At 3:28 a.m. , I had received a call from Talia Mom , she was crying terribly and told me that she was sorry, although I was collapsed once again , I said I was sorry too. Zain had Talia Mom and Anwar with him when he died, leaving all of us in agony.

Ayaan and Neil had come over in my room. They were crying too. I was feeling too weak suddenly. I did not swoon or anything but I was really dealing with so many questions. And then holding back tears was not easy.

"WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?" Neil cried. "WHY? WHY?"

We all knew that this was not at all bearable and also it was something very uncertain. I did not know what to do so I stood up and walked out of the house, where once Zain lived with us.

I kept walking till the sun was up. It was tough to believe that Zain was no more in this world. I could not understand why did this happen all the time, why was every story meant to be sad and why God always do this.

At 7 or something Ayaan found me and I went home back with him, silent, in his car.

...

One week had passed in torment after Zain's death and I was sure that the lifetime was to go like this. I used to spend all my time in my room with Rio and Ayaan. I could not sleep at night hence Ayaan had shifted to my room for some days.

"Ira, I think we'll be alright soon." Ayaan said one day. We were in a recreational area. The twilight was beautiful but not for those who were living but dying. Alike us.

"I consider this always happens. God cannot see the people here in this planet , in high spirits and happy. All I am always left with is simply heartache and misery." I said.

"No, Ira. We are in a giant wheel. If we go up, we come down also and if come go down, we go up also. Believe me, you'll be fine once again. Zain won't like seeing you miserable for always."

"Then why doesn't he come back?

This was, indeed, an eerie chapter for us. Hope you all enjoyed reading.
Thank you.

-ARYARSHI.