Restless

"Rozetta" Billie cheerfully cried as he noticed his favourite nurse walk down the hallway, a fake poppy pinned to her shirt.

"How you are Billie?" She asked.

Billie shrugged "Doc likes to talk, doesn't he?"

Nurse Rozetta noticed Doctor Mathers standing behind Billie.

"One step out of the room and already feeling better" Doctor Mathers quipped.

Billie jumped a little as he faced Doctor Mathers "Geez, doc. Don't go scaring the patients now." He turned his attention back to Nurse Rozetta. "I was just thinking about you."

"You were?" Nurse Rozetta played along.

"Uh, Nurse Rozetta. I think it'd be wise for you to go see if any of the nurses need any help" Doctor Mathers spoke.

"Oh, come on Doc. I was just getting to know my future wife; you can't wait a bit."

Doctor Mathers raised an eyebrow at Billie.

Billie rolled his eyes "Clearly not the cool one. Maybe your just jealous that I got a girl on the inside and you don't even have Millie." He laughed a little.

"Billie. That is enough. Common room or your room. Pick one." Doctor Mathers harshly responded.

Billie breathed heavily "See, Nurse R. Zombie here isn't fun like you."

Nurse Rozetta tried not to find humour in his words.

"How about you and I go walk down the aisle." Billie beamed as he reached out his hand to Nurse Rozetta.

"Billie." Doctor Mathers injected.

"Come on, Doc."

"Do you need to go to your room?" Doctor Mathers asked.

"Now you sound like father dearest and we both know what happened to him." Billie pouted before laughing as he walked away from the two and down to the common room.

Nurse Rozetta looked at Doctor Mathers "Billie's harmless"

Doctor Mathers turned his attention to Nurse Rozetta "Rozetta, you may think his harmless but while Billie is under my watch."

"I know. Patient's and staff. Save it" Nurse Rozetta sighed as she walked down the hallway. 

Billie jumped over the lounge his feet landed on the cushion of the lounge next to Kyle "BUDDY!"

Kyle rolled his eyes "Now I'm your buddy?"

Billie nodded "Well, Old mate kicked over. So, I need someone new to take his place."

Kyle turned his attention away from the tv and to Billie "Is this what it was like with Millie? Leave her out to dry for a bit than come back and act like you're the saint?"

"Hey. This isn't about Millie and I, this is about you and I."

Kyle moved his focus back on the tv.

"Man, your boring." Billie sighed "Do something."

"How about we talk about your sister" Kyle stated as he kept his focus on the tv.

"Ah, Come on. Since when you the Doc?" Billie pretended to snore "BORING!."