𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝔽riday came by too quickly for both boy's liking, who had been thinking about it since the date news came out

     𝔽riday came by too quickly for both boy's liking, who had been thinking about it since the date news came out. they had the charity activity for church, so they will be helping their parents and other people from church to give food to the ones who need it.

taehyung made the perfect plan. he would spend time with jungkook helping the ones in need, but when he left to go on the date with that eunji girl, he would be picked up by his friends —seokjin and namjoon included— to spy on them. brilliant, right?

right now they were preparing everything for the activity, jungkook and taehyung standing awkwardly by one side while they waited for someone to ask for their help.

"how are you feeling, kookie?" he asked lowly, not wanting to be heard by anyone. he looked at jungkook, who was biting his nails and looking around.

making sure that no one would notice, he quickly grabbed his hand and interlaced their fingers together, placing them behind their backs so no one would notice. that made jungkook sigh in relief.

"i'm terrified, tae." he mumbled, feeling how the older rubbed the back of his hand with his thumb. "i really don't want to do it."

"i would tell you that it's okay to say no sometimes, but knowing how scared you are of your parents..." he left the sentence floating in the air, which made jungkook feel guilty, because the older was totally right.

"i just need time." he whispered, even if he himself didn't know what he needed time for. time for gaining courage? time for stepping up to his parents? time to stop being a cry baby? he didn't know.

"i'll give you time." he whispered back, smiling reassuringly with his lips sealed, jungkook returning the smile and nodding.

"boys, over here! could you help me carry these boxes, please?" a woman called for them, making them to let go of each other's hand and go help the lady.

they spent about half an hour preparing everything; the food, the drinks and the signs that would help the people to understand how and where to get the help.

jungkook and taehyung were assigned to give the people food and drinks so the line wouldn't be so crowded and the people wouldn't have to wait for so long.

the younger boy was mesmerized. taehyung looked so excited to help, waiting patiently for the people to come so he can give them food. he was full of joy, like a little kid who was waiting for his mother to give him the toy he always wanted. that made jungkook's heart skip a beat and his stomach to turn into a dinosaur war.

once the people started coming, they all welcomed them and gave them the food. taehyung talked to them animatedly, smiling kindly at them and giving them the food and drinks. jungkook did the exact same, both of them receiving endless compliments about how handsome and nice they were.

both of them were secretly staring at each other, both fascinated by the other's behavior and both silently falling more for each other than they already were.

it's the first time that jungkook saw this side of taehyung. seeing him being so kind and happy to help really did something to his heart. his boxy smile was driving him insane. he was sure that the people he was giving food to could hear his heartbeats perfectly.

taehyung by the other side always knew how kind jungkook was, but seeing him smiling with that bunny grin to the people made him want to hug him forever and never letting him go. he was just too pure for this world.

"you make a really cute couple." one old lady said, receiving the food from taehyung and the drinks from jungkook. "i hope your relationship lasts years and years until you're exactly like me."

"thank you." jungkook smiled, making taehyung wide his eyes in surprise. he was about to deny the fact that they were a couple so jungkook wouldn't feel uncomfortable, but jungkook himself accepted the compliment. "enjoy your meal!"

the time passed pretty quickly, their cheeks already hurting for smiling too much, but it was totally worth it. seeing other people happy and helping them was enough.

but the joy ended pretty quickly, jungkook's mother walking up to them with a smile that didn't necessarily showed joy. "jungkook, dear, eunji is waiting in the restaurant. say goodbye to taehyung and let's go." she smiled at taehyung, who returned the smile just as fake.

jungkook nodded, sighing tiredly, all traces of joy now leaving his face. "goodbye, taehyung."

"goodbye, jungkook. goodbye ma'am." he bowed, the woman nodding in his direction and grabbing her son's hand, dragging him away from the blond and to her car, where her husband was waiting for them.

he just wanted to drop his son to wherever he was supposed to and go back to his couch.

taehyung even waved at them while watching them leave. the boy's mom got close to him, looking at him with an arched eyebrow. "why are you watching them leave so creepily?"

"oh, it's nothing." he said, but the mischievous grin he had on his lips told his mother otherwise. still, she shrugged.

"well, be back before dinner." and with that, she turned around and walked to her husband, who just wanted to go home and back to his couch.

taehyung smiled, grabbing his phone and making a conference call, waiting for the other five boys to answer. once they did, he started talking. "hello, boys! how's the spying-on-jungkook-and-that-bitch going?"

"that's a really long name, taehyung." seokjin said, laughing softly. "namjoon and i are already here. she's waiting for him on the table."

"are you wearing face masks like i told you to?"

"of course we are, we're not idiots." he answered, taehyung nodding. he saw hoseok's car finally pulling up and the back door opening, revealing a smiley jimin that invited him to get in.

"well, we're on our way. keep your eyes on her at all times." and with that, he finished the call, getting in the car with his best friends. "put on the epic music playlist, operation spying-on-jungkook-and-that-bitch is on!"

so they drove at full speed —well, as full speed as the driving rules allowed them to—, listening to a song that yoongi played on the radio on full volume and dancing like crazy.

i'll make sure to be there before dinner, mom.