Ch.3 Haunted Memories

[Still with the short POV's - Deal with it]

Toshiro's POV

After my exchange with Kakashi he told me we have to visit the Hokage and ask permission for me to stay here in the village.

Hokage?

I've never heard of that term before..... is it supposed to mean something to me?

I suppose by the way he spoke so casually about it that he's some kind of important person around here.....

Wait..... where is here anyways?

Now that I think about it, I've been so focused on my current situation I hadn't even had the time to think of asking him. Tch. Perhaps I should of questioned him more than trying to plan out every possible escape route.

I wish I could make contact. Ever since I left the village all connections to her seemed to of been severed.... whether its temporal or not I need to find a way to speak with her. And soon. I don't know how long I can manage on my own. At least with her I have a connection to home.

I assumed that this Hokage was the leader of the village..... but I honestly have no clue, the customs here seem to be very different than what we had back home.

I was not going to let my guard down until I was certain they weren't after my bounty..... like a certain someone......

Following Kakashi out of the hospital, I got a more up close look to some of the surrounding buildings.

Mostly just apartment complexes. Similarities of home.... if only just slightly. 

we've been climbing up what felt like thousands of stairs before we reached a long hallway, I'd swear the hallway was longer than the staircase.

Ugh. Jeez. How annoying.

"What is with these people and long distances?" 

Kakashi laughed, so I'd assumed he'd heard my comment.

I decided to keep my mouth shut.

He knocked on the door and we were told to enter, when we did an old man was the last thing I expected to see, He looked almost about as old as Grandfather.... freaky.

I was unsure of the situation so I kept myself hidden behind Kakashi in case he tried anything funny. Scanning the room for every possible way to escape and making sure my chakra levels dimmed to the point I could be easily mistaken for a regular civilian with no real power, my hand skimming over the hilt of my blade.

I don't trust anyone. Its better to be prepared now than sorry later.

I learned that the hard way.

Hokage's POV

I turned as I saw Kakashi walk through the door, I'd thought he was alone until I noticed a small figure behind him.

The Hitsugaya girl no doubt. 

I chuckled to myself as I realized the girl from before was being extremely attached to him.

She was probably playing it safe by standing behind him as a method to ensure I couldn't attack her, she seems pretty smart for a 13 year old.

Or so I'm guessing that's how old she is by the look of her, and a little too on guard it seems considering the sudden change in the atmosphere around her as she masked her chakra signature, along with the subtle way she's ready to pull out her weapons and escape at any given moment.