Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter 22

Magnus's POV

A/N: TW- Blood, Death, Fighting

We watched the others go, and my group followed the scent trail that Airy was tracking.
I grip my family's hands, kind of nervous.

Ragnor watches the back, keeping John and Georgia in the centre. The sabres and bow-and-arrows have been out the entire time, just in case of an attack.
The group stops when Airy comes across a closed door.

I use my magic to unlock it, allowing Alec to walk in first.
His witchlight shines through the room, showing each person who was in there.
All of us gasp at what we see.

There are four people tied up, watching us with broken and sad expressions.
Two vampires, a werewolf, and Rebecca in total. 

John gasps when he sees two dead bodies.
He walks to them and turns the bodies over.

The first one is a female faerie. The other is-

"Atticus!" Georgia yells.
Tears well up in her eyes.
"He-he's gone."

Everyone pauses.

"He's been gone," Rebecca whispers from where she is chained up. "De Quincey killed him for blood."
Her voice is dry from a lack of water.

"He did the same to Rue," the vampire with blonde hair whispers.

Ragnor and I free everyone's arms and legs.
Georgia hugs her sister, murmuring words of sisterhood into her ear.
The two vampires stand, and Airy speeds over, hugging them tightly.

"This is Phe and Meg," Airy says, introducing them.
Ragnor watches the werewolf, who has yet to reveal her name.

"Let's go," Alec says.

I make a portal and slide the bodies away for the Silent Brothers to examine.
The twelve of us exit the room, climbing down the stairs silently.
Rebecca leans against Alec while walking, while Airy holds Phe and Meg up.
Ragnor helps the werewolf girl, and we see the other group near the exit.

As everyone goes to it, the speeding and hissing of the rogue vampires come closer.

"Oh shit," Phe curses, making everyone turn to look around the room.
They were surrounded on all sides.

Ragnor, Airy, and Alec make a small triangle, all standing in ready to fight stances, trying to protect the injured.
Everyone else creates a big circle around the triangle.
I let my magic fly as a warning. So does Ragnor, Max and Hypatia.

And that's when the leaders show up.
De Quincey stands guard, so the loyal vampires part ways to let him through.

The other group comes in afterwards, being pushed by the vampires.
I check them all, realising that the Carstairs family was gone, and Lily Chen had taken their place.
She looks bruised and bartered, but the pansexual girl is ready to fight.

Clary, Val, Hypatia, Eleanor, Roxy and Lily add to our circle.

"Stand down you coward," Lily says, hissing. "Give me my clan back and you won't get hurt."
De Quincey laughs, a real ugly sounding one. And that's when the girl comes into view from behind him, with an intricate mask hiding her face.
She looks no more than fourteen at most, but my math could be off. Her hair was a brown colour, but the bare patches of sunlight made it somewhat red.

"I don't think I will do that," She replies. "We already have the Dumort, and with each new bad villain I befriended, we will soon have New York."
Eleanor raises Cortana with a scary facial reaction, while Airy and Meg hiss loudly at her.
"I don't think I would do that," Max says. "Luke already foiled your one time travel method."

The girl scoffs.

De Quincey growls.
"You don't get to talk to my owner like that, pesky warlock."

Alec and I glare at him, our protective father instincts coming into play.

"Well, we can, or are you going to make us?" Georgia asks tauntingly.
The girl snarls.
She raised her hand and a few vampires snarl at all of us again.
"You should be grateful that I couldn't get to Mortmain, and haven't befriended Valentine or Janus yet, Shadowhunter."

Georgia frowns slightly.

"Who are you?" I ask. "Nobody can talk to my family like that and get away with it. Especially with what you have done here."

The girl giggles.
"I might as well reveal myself, because it's a shame that all of you are going to die with this precious knowledge."
She takes off her masks and the sibling resemblance is dead on.

"I'm Addison," She says, grinning more. "Addison Campbell. And it's time for you all to die."
She snaps her fingers, and the rogue vampires merge onto us.