Chapter Fifteen

Chapter 15

Raleigh's POV

Trigger Warning-
There are some effects to the hangover that Raleigh endures, and I am sorry if it bothers any of you.
I hope you enjoy this chapter,
Cari

I wake up with an awful headache.
I groan, and a knock sounds at the door, not helping at all.

"Come in!" I call, wincing slightly.

Sophie walks in, holding a pile of clothes, along with a glass of water and medication, I think. I have no clue.

"I am here from Antony's request, along with Will's," Sophie says.
She is dressed in training gear.
I nod, immensely grateful.

I drink the water to help the medicine go down, and Sophie helps me get dressed in a new suit.
She must've tailored it herself. Or had someone else do it.
As my headache somewhat clears, I breathe out.

The events of last night come crashing into my brain, making me groan out.
Sophie holds up a bucket, and I throw up into it.
She pats my back, wiping my face with a cold cloth, forcing me to drink more water to soothe my throat.

"Thank you Soph- I mean Miss Collins," I say.

She smiles softly.
"You may call me Sophie, I am more familiar with you now."

I smile back, sitting up.
She cleans me up real quick, before leading me slowly to the dining hall, where everyone is congregated.

Will probably looks the same as me, red-rimmed around the eyes, except he has a bruise on his cheek.
Jessamine looks sleepy, and her eyes have a watery reflection in them. Charlotte looks weary, while Tessa looked flushed, and Jem seems stone-faced and angry.

I sit down next to Ashton.

"Just so you know," Will says. "Raleigh and I were at an opium den last night."

Rosalie and Ashton gasp.

"It wasn't an opium den," I quickly amend, trying not to wince in pain from the headache. "It was a place of secrets and maybe some weird liquids and powders."

Jessamine mutters something under her breath that sounds like, "I called it," before she continues to drink her tea.
Nobody else responds to Will other than Ashton.

"What in the name of the angel were you doing there?" She asks.
Her blue eyes are filled with worry.

I was about to say 'gathering intel' when Will says, "Vice."

Ashton coughs on her breakfast, while Antony and Tessa spit out their tea.
Will smirks.
"I'm only joking Tess, we were just sitting there, listening to ifrits and werewolves talking about yin-fen."

I nod, as Jem perks up, suddenly interested.
Charlotte looks up from her letters.

"Yin-fen?" She asks. "Where?"
"Apparently," I say. "Mortmain has been buying up barrels and barrels of yin-fen, with the help of werewolves."
"Werewolves?" Henry asks, looking up from his eggs.

I nod.
"The yin-fen makes their wolf self more aware, like a stimulant, almost. And they work at night for Mortmain."

Jem swears while Tessa looks shocked.
Charlotte turns to talk to Henry, while Will turns to face Tessa.

"Were you doing 'vice', last night?" Ashton says to me as I try to eat something.
I shake my head and swallow my food.
"Will and I just had something in our systems, and we practically eavesdropped on every conversation. We also sang some weird Welsh songs, along with sharing embarrassing childhood moments. I think?"