Michael walked past the archway that led out onto the balcony and stopped when he saw Beyoncé and Jay kissing.

He stared at them intensely for a minute, more specifically her, before walking away.

Saturday, June 29, 2024
Shawn Carter's Residence
8:45 am

Beyoncé giggled as Jay wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his bare chest. He kissed up and down the side of her face and her neck.

"Good morning baby," she smiled as she turned her head towards his before his lips met hers.

"Morning," he said against her lips.

The kiss lasted for a few seconds before they broke it.

"Waking up next to you is my favorite thing," Jay told her as he looked at her and ran his hands through her hair.

"I thought your favorite thing was that trick that I do with my tongue when I twirl it on your dick," Beyoncé joked.

"That's my second favorite thing," he replied.

"That's not what you were saying last night," she said with her eyebrow raised.

"It doesn't matter what order they come in. Most of my favorite things involve you anyway ma," he replied.

"That's sweet," she chuckled as she got out of his arms.

She turned over on her stomach and used her elbows to prop herself up before speaking again.

"Speaking of last night, I know you want to move past it, but I just need to ask you this now that we're away from all the people and the cameras at the gala. Are you really okay? I know that you were surprised by what happened with Michael last night, and I didn't really get to ask you how you were feeling last night," she said to him.

"Bey, I'm not going to lie and say that it doesn't bother me a little bit, but I'm not jealous or angry because we weren't together. The details of what you did and who you did them with when we were broken up is none of my business. You didn't know that Michael was my friend, and even if you did, it's still not my business. My business is what I have going on with you right now and whether I decide to hold this over your head and let it ruin us, and I don't want to do that. We're all adults. Whatever happened between you two, doesn't matter because you chose me. If you can let go of the fact that I was about to marry another woman, then I think I'll be fine. I'd rather move on and focus on us. If that's what you want to do," Jay told her.

"That's exactly what I want to do," she smiled.

"At least he's not actively trying to sue you," he said.

"Yeah, that's a good thing," she laughed.

Her laugh always made him laugh. She moved in closer to him and kissed his lips.

"I love you," Beyoncé told him in between kisses.

"I love you too," Jay said against her lips.

"You do?" she asked him.

"Yeah, of course," he answered.