Sixty Four

Friday, April 4, 2025
Knowles-Carter Residence
Los Angeles, California
4:00 pm

"You nervous?" Ty Ty asked as they sat in the basement/man cave, which was serving as the area for the groom and groomsmen today because the ladies had the entire upstairs area closed off to them

"No," Jay said simply as he straightened his watch before looking at the time.

Ty Ty just looked at him, knowing his best friend was fronting.

"A little bit," Jay said.

"A little bit?" Ty Ty asked.

"A lot. For one, I don't wanna fuck up my vows, and I just wanna be good husband to her," Jay admitted.

"You're not gonna fuck up your vows, and Beyoncé is a smart girl, and she doesn't let people waste her time, so believe me, she would've dropped you a long time ago if she didn't think you were worth it. And she definitely wouldn't have had your baby. Get all of that out of your head. If you want to be a good husband, then be a good husband. Everything's fine. I'm happy for you. I know this is everything you've wanted for a long time, so enjoy it," Ty Ty told Jay.

"Thanks man," Jay said before they dapped.

"Of course. What's a best man for?" Ty Ty said.

Once Jay and Ty Ty finished their conversation, Odell walked up to him. Jay had made the decision to have him be one of his groomsmen.

Of course, they'd had a rough history, but they'd grown up together and been friends for like two decades.

Jay had never been the type to hold a grudge anyway, and Odell had apologized countless times over the years, so Jay decided to let the past stay in the past.

"Hey man, I know I've already said this, but I want you to know that I truly am sorry for trying to stand in the way of your relationship with Bey and making it more about myself than you two. I'm happy that you guys are happy, and I'm thankful that you decided to include me in your day," Odell said.

"Yeah, I know. It's fine. We're good," Jay nodded.

It wasn't long before the wedding planner came down to inform them that it was time for them to make their entrance.

They had decided to have their wedding at home because it was the most private place they could think of. It just made sense to them to have it there. They had a lot of space, and it's their first home they bought together. It's where they brought their daughter home. It's where they're going to raise their family. It's the place they love more than anywhere in the world.

They were having it in the backyard, and the set up was beautiful.