Thirty Eight

Saturday, December 16, 2023
Downtown Briarwood
7:00 pm

Beyoncé and Jay walked through the annual Christmas Festival

Beyoncé and Jay walked through the annual Christmas Festival. It had always been her favorite part of Christmas, and she was happy to be there with Jay.

She kept taking pictures and recording videos of everything to have as memories.

"Can you get that camera out of my face? You gotta put that down and live in the moment," Jay told her.

"I'm an influencer. It what I do. It's my job, how I make my money, and I like to have pictures and videos as memories," Beyoncé replied.

"I know. I get it. I follow you, but I think your millions of followers will be fine for a couple of hours," he said as he took her phone out of her hand and placed it in his pocket.

"You're gonna have to give that back. I might start going through withdrawals," she laughed.

"You'll be fine," he told as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

They made their way over to the tree lighting ceremony. They took a seat on a bench as they watched people walk around.

They had been there having fun with each other all day and partaking in all the fun activities. They were both a little tired.

Anything Beyoncé had wanted him to do all day, he happily obliged. He knew how much she loved the Christmas Festival and would've done anything to keep a smile on her face.

He had decided not to leave and go back to Los Angeles for Christmas. He wanted to be around his family. Most of all, he wanted to be around Beyoncé, but he didn't tell her that.

Over the past week, they had spent a lot of time together. It had been a long time since they were able to spend so much time together, so they were enjoying each other's company as much as possible. It made them happy to be around each other.

They saw running around having fun, and it made them think about the child they had lost.

"He would've been almost two years old now," Jay said.

"Yeah, he would've. We probably would've been here with him, chasing him around, trying to get a picture of him with Santa," Beyoncé said with a smile on her face.

"Yeah," Jay said as he nodded his head.

Beyoncé felt herself starting to tear up, and she looked away from him as she tried to hide it.

Jay noticed the tears in her eyes and pulled her closer to him.

"Shawn, I'm fine. It just gets to me sometimes," Beyoncé said as he wiped her tears.

They looked each other in the eye as Jay caressed her cheek. They both wanted to kiss each other. Well, they actually wanted to do a lot more than kiss each other, but they felt that would cause a lot of problems and blowback that neither one of them wanted to deal with. Plus, neither was sure how the other one truly felt about getting back together.