Forty Eight

Friday, June 28, 2024
The Maybourne Beverly Hills
Los Angeles, California
10:45 pm

Beyoncé and Jay walked out onto the balcony of the hotel to get away from the noise of the gala so that they could talk.

They stood in an awkward silence as they both searched for the words to say after the shocking event that had just occurred.

"Shawn-," Beyoncé said before she stopped because Jay had also started talking.

"Bey-," Jay stopped.

"Sorry, go ahead," she told him.

"No, you go," he said.

Beyoncé took a deep breath before she started talking.

"Shawn, I'm really sorry," Beyoncé apologized as she looked up at him.

"For what?" he asked her with his hands in his pockets.

"For sleeping with him. It was a while ago, but if I had known that he was your friend, I would've never even looked his way. I just don't want to fight with you about this, at least not tonight. I understand if you need your space tonight to think about how you feel about this situation. I can just go home for the night. I know you're mad, but-," she started before he cut her off.

"Hold on ma. Calm down," Jay told her as he approached her and placed his hands on the sides of her face.

She sighed as he kissed her forehead.

"I just don't want you to be mad at me. I feel like I want to cry because everything was so good. We were in such a good place, and this happens," she said.

"And everything is still good ma. I'm not mad, not at you at least," he told him.

"You just looked mad," she said.

"Listen baby, I tell you every day that I love you, and I mean it. I'd be stupid to let this come between us. You don't have anything to apologize for. While I'd rather not know or think about other people that you've been with, I think it would be pretty immature to be upset because you've slept with other people besides me. I don't want to have some huge argument about something that happened in the past. It's over, and however I feel about you and Michael, I know it would hurt way worse to lose you. You mean everything to me. Everyone has exes. Just look at everything going on with Gabrielle. You've stood by me, and it wouldn't be fair for me to be mad at you. Plus, I've slept with a considerably large number of women. Some of whom, you know, so I don't think I'm in a position to judge," Jay told her.

"I just didn't want you to feel weird or upset about it. I don't know. I just thought it would throw us into a really awkward place. I just panicked," she replied.

"I may be a lot of things, but I'm not jealous or insecure," he said.

"Well good because you have nothing to be insecure about. I love you, and I only want you," Beyoncé told him as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I know," Jay replied as his hands made their way down to her waist.

Her lips met his for a kiss, and everything just felt right. She was glad that he'd reacted the way that he did because she knew it could've been completely different.