Chapter 12 - The Forest

Start from the beginning

She nodded in understanding, her attention fully on the ash blond's instructions.

He explained the drills he would go through, defense stances, various punches and kicks that would be effective regardless of a person's size.

To her this was all too amusing. Especially considering she had a black belt in judo, trained by her father who owned the local dojo since before she had her first tooth break through her gums.

"Show me your ready stance." Bakugo demanded.

Hina complied, forcefully keeping her center of gravity off balance.

He frowned, walking to stand behind her. He leaned forward, the heat from his body emanating and lightly permeating through Hina's shirt. Warily, he watched her every movement, ready to retract his touch if she showed any signs of discomfort. After seeing her stand absolutely still for a few moments, he laid his palms on her hips with some hesitance. Gently, he shifted her posture, her back now much closer to his chest, his right foot guiding her right leg to separate her knees, bringing her center of gravity closer to her navel.

"This is how you do it." He rasped, his voice deep and gravely much like sandpaper grating against a rugged rock.

He stepped back, clearing his throat, "You have to maintain balance." He said, ambiguity trickling from his tongue. "It'll help with transitioning between your moves."

Hina's heart rate spiked ever since she felt his warmth, his breath tickling her ear, his fingertips carefully keeping feather-light touches on her hips. If they weren't outside, she'd definitely find it hard to breathe.

He has no reason to be this smooth. She internally complained, her face surprisingly stoic and not twitching in overwhelmed stupefaction like she'd assume with her omegan tendencies.

Instead she wore a mask of confusion and self-doubt, listening to him as he started demonstrating some self-defense maneuvers, alongside some attacks.

After about an hour of fumbling over exercises, copying them with irresolute accuracy, Bakugo huffed a determined breath, taking a few steps away from Hina.

"We're sparring now." He said, stretching his arms which in turn flexed his biceps.

Stop getting distracted. Hina chided, performing a few stretches herself.

They stopped stretching at the same moment, both locking their gaze with one another.

"Ready?"

Silently, she nodded, gauging his ready stance and making her own much more rigid than he'd taught her.

There was no battle cry, no loud fanfare to signal the start of their spar. It was just Bakugo sprinting to her, leaving no room for her to judge an attack.

What he wasn't prepared for was for the fact that she was equally fast.

Because somehow she'd disappeared from his line of sight.

One second she was in front of him, crouched low to the ground.

And the other she was... Gone.

Then he felt a sharp jab on his left side. Her shin hit right under his ribcage, toppling his balance. Another kick hit him on the back of his right knee, forcing him to kneel.

He swiveled around, the small pebbles and rough, dry dirt painfully biting his knees, and threw a blind right hook.

Hina dodged, holding his right wrist, and used her right knee to kick his jaw.

While he was disoriented, she kicked his chest for good measure and pushed him so his back was flushed against the ground. While leaving one knee to dig on his chest and the other resting beside him, she held his wrists beside his head, pinning them to the floor.