*Chapter 1*

Copyright : Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike CC BY-NC-SA

I kept attempting to untangle the threads that bound me to him, but he was a boy scout and the knot he drew was impenetrable. So I took out my scissors and shredded everything I had left. - Unknown (source: tumblr)

Recap:

Jaden took her hand and held it like it was worth as much as the diamond in his hand. He slid the ring on her finger. It was a perfect fit. "I just wanted you to know that I'll be here. Whether I'm your boyfriend, your best friend, your ex. I don't care. If you need me, I'll be by your side whenever. Elyse, I also want to let you know that I love you. Despite how long we might've known each other, I love you with every willing molecule in my body. You are my dream."

He kissed the ring. "And this seals the deal."

Elyse's eyes moistened. She turned around and stared at her hand - awestruck. "I-I.. I don't know what to say. Jaden, I didn't get you-."

"Oh, I don't care. I just wanted to give you that. I'm not much of an anniversary person, so if I forget one, just look at that ring and...," Jaden trailed off realizing that Elyse was glaring at him.

He laughed. "I'm joking."

Elyse's glare hardened before she started laughing as well. "So, you ready to go?" Jaden asked.

Elyse took his hand, glancing at her beloved ring before following behind. As the door closed Jaden dipped Elyse towards the ground. He placed his lips on hers then whispered in her ear, "I love you, Elyse Frazier." Then he reached out with his free hand and flicked her earlobe softly.

Chapter 1 ~ Find You Somewhere ~ 2014 ~ October 24th

Elyse POV

It was a beautiful day in Calabasas, California, and Elyse was enjoying it with Jaden and his friends. And it also was the final day before her first day at Miami Law. She was a bit scared, but Jaden comforted by telling her it'd be alright. Mateo, Moises, her, Jaden, Willow and a couple of other artists like Jenevieve, the new young Russian-American popstar, or Zendaya, once actress and singer but now model, all were on their way to the Starbucks, a couple of lone paps (paparazzi) trailing behind. Jaden had filled Elyse in with the usual in Hollywood, how to handle the flash photography on the red carpet if she ever went with him (wasn't the paparazzi enough?), some slang that other famous people used and what to do if she were ever caught alone with a jumble of paps behind her. It was all useful information. Elyse in addition had been spending time with Jaden's family (since she had been staying there until she registered fully into her dorm) and had gotten to know them. Willow and she were really close, and Mr. and Mrs. Smith had taken her out on many of their "famous" outings after they had gotten to know her, and listened to her voice.

Elyse was enjoying the famous life. It was all she imagined, yet somehow more.

Even though everyone was walking in silence to the popular coffee shop, Elyse and Jaden had been sharing many looks, having their own silent conversation.

Willow broke the stillness. "So, uh, Elyse, what's up? Ready for college?"

Elyse shrugged and pulled her hand out of Jaden's grip to fix her hair. A flash came from behind her but she ignored it. She was used to be asked this question by now. A 17 year old girl, fresh from a high school scandal and moved to her boyfriend's city under his idea.... well, it didn't look so good in others' opinions. "I guess I'm pretty cool about it."