hot or cold

I waited outside with Damon under a bus stop in the very cold winter. The weather told me me, subtly, that it would rain by it's gloomy dull colour.

"Looks like it's gonna pour it down.." Damon assumed, smiling while his voice shortened as he looked up, squinting up the sky, I looked up to him.. No, it looks it's blue skies.

   *

"[Y/N], are you alright? It's bloody boiling in here, do you want me to turn the heating down a bit?" Damon said softly, having a sort of sleepy voice. He got up from his side of the bed, the covers were on me keep me too warm but I didn't want to change. I just wanted him to sleep. He had been up and out of bed for too long now.

"No, it's fine, thank you love. Are you tired?"

He left, he did something but he came back.

Before sitting down, he asked like he was really concerned, "Are you cold now? Do you want me to turn it up more? I'll turn to crisp though, anything for you, love!"

"Turn to a crisp, you mean?" I shook my head quickly and close my eyes. I dropped my head onto the pillow and held the covers tighter to me. Cold. "Come on, your tired!"

"I wanna know why you're cold when I'm hot.."

I opened my eyes and bite my bottom lip, stifling a laugh, looking up to the ceiling, "Damon, you really wanna know why you're hot?"

Damon laughed loud and hid his face in embarrassment, but I couldn't tell if he was blushing, it was pitch black, but he went back to show me his face again. "Please tell me, then I'll sleep!"

"I'm not cold or hot, I'm fine!" I scoffed, I knew this would wind him up.. 

"I'm hottttt, love!" he complained and laughed.

"You're always hot." I was in one of those moods, a silly one, and it was making him laugh, so I continued to say odd things.

Damon couldn't help but stiffled a giggle. He wriggled closer to me, trying to seem more warmth.

I reached my arm out to play with his hair but he held it down between us, entwining my fingers with his. With my other hand, I searched for his body, but I was met with something fluffy.

I gasped, and the cat moved.

"That bloody cat.." he scoffed and rested his head against the back of my neck.

"I'm warm now.." I smiled warmly, his body was enough to heat me for a lifetime. He was the warmth I needed in everything.

My warmth.