Chapter 25

"I don't wanna be a noose hanging over your head..."

I had been pacing in my room for the past 20 minutes, Fred sat idly by on my bed waiting for me to be ready to talk. I hadn't even comprehended the fact that I wouldn't see my mother for another year, her slapping me kind of overruled the matter. I wouldn't have been surprised if she raised a hand in warning me about my behavior, it wouldn't have been the first time she did that. But I was shocked to see that she actually went through with the warning, I never took my mother as the type to lose her cool.

My mom is known to be a composed woman, I was the only person that could get under her skin- to my knowledge at least. Not even my dad, not that he ever tried. The best way to describe my father would be if a stranger was about to get shot he would stand in the way of the bullet. Always striving to be the best person he could be, never yelled, never threatened, only taught. I was shattered when he died, it almost felt as if a piece of me died with him.

Fred was the first one to break the silence. "Well, look on the bright side, now you can go to the burrow for summer."

"I can't go all summer, Fred. I would be intruding. Maybe a couple of weeks," I told him. The answer obviously was not one he wanted to hear because he visibly pouted.

"You wouldn't be intruding, Harry practically lives at our house! Hermione as well!" Fred had a desperate look in his eyes that made me want to fall to my knees and never say no, but I refrained and kept to my word.

Harry and Hermione have a good reason for being there, it may be the only place that has people they can trust. I don't, I would just be a mesle little girl hoping for attention because I have mommy and daddy issues. The last thing I want is for them to be even more stressed because their most crazy son brought home a girl that he has known for less than a year.

"A few weeks, at most," I finalized. I left no room for argument in my tone and I think Fred picked up on that because he dropped the topic almost immediately.

"Okay, do you want to talk about what happened?" I had just started to unpack my clothing when he asked that question. My movements froze momentarily before I continued moving like nothing happened.

I didn't want to talk to him about this, while he was my boyfriend, he also had a perfect family that loved him and cared about his well being. Fred couldn't possibly understand what it was like to feel alone everyday of your life, he has a twin for god's sake. 

"You wouldn't understand," I mirrored my thoughts.

My words made him sit up slightly- a fiery look in his eyes. "Try me."

I thought for a moment, what if I scare him away? What if he sees how fucked up my life is and runs? My mind floats to the mere words that brought me into this wonderful relationship, 'Take a risk'. So I took the risk.

"Ever since I was younger my mother had always chosen her work over me, even when my dad was alive. It wasn't super bad before the accident, just gone on holidays and out late into the night. But when he passed away it got worse, a lot worse. It got to the point where I wouldn't see her for months at a time, I would have to make myself dinner and get myself ready for school. My mom never seemed to care though, she would come back if she did. I could tell she always blamed me for my fathers death, half the time she played victim and always tried to guilt me into forgiving her." I finished and looked at Fred. He had wide eyes and his hands were clasped together so hard that his knuckles were turning white.

"Fred?" I called out to him hoping he would finally snap back into reality. Still having not said anything, I sighed and sat down next to him. "I'm okay, I shouldn't have loaded all of this on you. It wasn't right, I'm sorry."

"No- no, I'm glad you told me." He responded after a moment. I could tell he meant what he said, relief filled my body. I hadn't scared him away.

"You're okay?" I looked at him with worry in my eyes. My head has to tilt slightly up from the height difference between us. Even sitting down he was still so much taller than me.

"Yeah, I'm just trying to refrain from calling my mum and asking her to adopt you."

"Don't, then we'll be siblings. I can't date my sibling," I scrunch my nose in disgust.

Fred let out a breathy laugh and threw his arm around my shoulder, "You're adorable."

"Nuh-uh."

"Yeah-huh."

I pushed him off me playfully and turned back towards the clock. My eyes nearly bulged out of my head once I saw the time. I gasped in panic and turned back towards Fred, he was sitting there looking at me with amusement shining in his brown eyes.

"You need to go home Fred! Do you realize how late it is?" He chuckled at my behavior whilst I stood there looking at him like he had grown two heads.

"I called my mum while you were talking to yours. I thought you could use a little company."

"Wh-what does that mean, Frederick?" I look at him warily.

"I am officially staying here for the weekend, My wonderful girlfriend!"

Holy shit.

I'm bout to make yall reaaallll happpyyyy. 

What is your favorite animal?

Deers lmao

Do you have siblings?

4 not including me 

Should I write a Remus x student story next? 😏 I did it. You can go check it out, I personally think it's pretty good. 

Have a great day:)