“Accept your defeat and I might be less aggressive while killing your favorite warlocks.” He whispered into Crystal’s ear.

A chill ran down Crystal’s body, making her stiffen under Bennett’s hold. Then, like a bolt of lightning, a strong wind threw Bennett off, making him fly across the room and crash into the wooden barricades. The wood broke under the impact. Splinters jabbed into the sides of Bennett, making him bleed. 

The pack looked stunned, while Crystal stood glaring at her brother. Red fiery flames erupted around her palms. She lifted her hands, aiming at Bennett, when a loud scream stopped her.

“No.” The Queen shouted, stopping her daughter from committing a grave mistake. 

Crystal abruptly turned towards where her parents sat, watching the dampened eyes of her Mother something stirred inside her, forcing her to retreat and leave the arena whilst everyone gaped at her disappearing form.

Bennett watched his sister furiously leave the arena. A proud smile slowly crept into his face. He turned towards his mother and threw a wink at her before he was carried out by a few pack members.

The blazing ball of fire has now disappeared behind the horizon, painting the sky with scarlet hues. A soft breeze blew, teasing the leaves. The atmosphere was serene and perfect for a stroll down the forest but contrary, a small part of the forest was burning into ashes.

After leaving the arena, Crystal’s raging form found solace in the depths of the forest, away from the scrutinizing stares of everyone. In the fit of her anger, she had set a gigantic oak tree on fire and watched it burst into flames. 

She shivered a little as the icy breeze hit her; she detested herself for acting upon her anger. She knew what the impact of her powers could have on Bennett. She just hoped it wouldn’t be anything severe. 

Crystal felt a presence around her and the smell of lilies that wafted in the air indicated the presence of her Mother. Madeleine slowly walked towards her daughter to find her seated in front of a pile of ashes. She smiled, reminiscing about her youth when she behaved similarly. Wrapping the shawl around Crystal, she took a seat beside her, basking in the silence as they both felt their chi connecting with each other.

“Is he ok?” Crystal asked, as she continued to stare ahead.

“He will be.” Madeleine knew her daughter was worried, because no matter what blood is thicker than water.

“Was I impulsive?” Crystal said, turning to look at her Mother. In these past few days she had felt at ease with her Mother. That everything was a demand of fate was slowly settling with her.

“The situation demanded it.” Madeleine replied. Her face was void of any emotions.

“Do you hate me?” Crystal’s eyes were brimmed with tears, her throat constricted as she fought to keep her emotions at bay. 

Madeleine turned to look at her daughter. The broken look on her face stabbed her heart. She pulled her into a hug, pouring her motherly love into it. Breaking the embrace, Crystal wiped her face, looking at her Mother with puffy eyes. She felt like a little girl, crying over her mother’s love. It made her realize how much she missed her Mama, and how much she had hurt Madeleine by pushing her away.

“I can never hate you Crystal, you’re my daughter no matter what actions you take I will always be there for you.” Madeleine spoke once she saw her daughter had reigned control over her emotions. “Though I couldn’t see you grow up to be a beautiful woman, you have always remained in my heart. There wasn’t a day that I didn’t miss you or longed to see you.” She continued. 

“Bennett has always been waiting for his elder sister to come too. He isn’t a bad guy, just a little naïve. He doesn’t know how to portray his emotions and courtesy to you Father, Bennett has turned himself into a closed person.” 

Crystal listened to her Mother intently, trying to fit Bennett’s character with her mother’s description, but it didn’t match. The way he threatened to end the warlocks, and that he was the one who suggested this duel, didn’t fit the picture.

Madeleine noticed the Princess’s conflicted thoughts. She was aware of the reasons behind her son’s actions, and she found it hard to conceal the secret. She wanted to tell Crystal everything so that her children could join forces and reach the goal, but she knew it wasn’t her secret to tell.

“But Mother..”

“I know, darling, there are a lot of questions and to find the answers you need to talk to your brother. Just remember he doesn’t have ill intentions.” With that said, the Queen lifted herself off the ground and before her daughter could say something, she vanished into thin air, leaving the girl puzzled. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Hello, everyone. It's been a while since I have updated. Things were a bit off and I wasn't feeling the vibe so didn't want to rush the chapters. Well here we are with a new update, let me know how you liked it

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Happy reading.

~Annie~