𝟚. 𝕎𝕙𝕪 𝕀 ℍ𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕐𝕠𝕦, 𝔸𝕜𝕒𝕒𝕤𝕙𝕚 𝕂𝕖𝕚𝕛𝕚

I was currently sitting in class and not even listening to my professor.

This is what college is about. Attending but not listening. Right?

As I was sitting there I thought about this mornings events.

So much for not overthinking everything too much, good job, Y/N!

The topic of Akaashi was something I thought about a lot. God forbid, not because I care about him, no.

But I really care for Bokuto and would love to get along with everyone in his life, like he wishes us to. So for the past 3 years of knowing Akaashi I attempted to get along with him for the sake of Bokuto.

But it was impossible.

We were really trying at first but as the years had gone by we both internally accepted that we don't like each other and it came to the point where we are always nagging at each other.

It's not like I haven't tried...

⁺ ₊⁺ ₊⁺ ₊⁺ ₊⁺ ₊⁺ ₊⁺ ₊

In my first year of college I got to know him as one of Bokutos friends. I was very excited to meet new people so I was as bubbly as always when Bokuto introduced his friend to me at a party.

It was at the very beginning of the semester so I was a little nervous for the party beforehand. How will all of these people preceive me? That's why I was glad I would get to know somebody right away, other than Bokuto.

The first thing I noticed about him were his beautiful eyes. In the dimmed light his eyes looked like a deep steel color with the slightest hint of green. His small curls framed his face perfectly as he looked at me from above due to our height difference.

His outfit was simple but it worked wonders on his build. It was a nice brown pullover with jeans underneath. The jeans were ripped at the knees and his he wore white sneakers underneath, matching the white collar underneath his pullover.

He is really pretty.

As soon as he reached us both I could tell Akaashi didn't look too happy to meet his friends roommate. He greeted me like he was at a job interview or something. "Good evening, I am Akaashi Keiji and a first year in the literature department. Nice to meet you, L/N-san." First I thought about it as just him being too polite for his own good.

But as the night progressed it didn't get better. He didn't talk to me at all and would avoid eye contact as soon as I would glance his way. He fiddled with his fingers didn't smile at me even once.

I didn't want to pressure him. Maybe he is just shy?

I tried to talk to him a couple of times but it seemed like he was avoiding me. So I left him be. Doesn't he like me? He looked so bored when i ask him something. Does he feel like he is forced to be with me?

It was one of my first college parties, so I wouldn't let him get me down. I'll try to get to know the others.

After a couple of hours I was having fun and had talked to a lot of people. I caught Akaashi looking my way a couple of times but he immediately looked away every time. Though, his initial facial expression was always blank. I couldn't exactly read it.

Is he bored? Why does he look at me that way? His dull look bothers me. Is something wrong with my outfit? Do I look bad?

I started to get a little insecure but didn't want to assume stuff before I overthink again.

What really bothered me was what I saw a little while after. There he was talking to two girls with a small smile on his face. I would have missed the slight curve at the corner of his lips if I weren't as observant as I am.