Chapter 12.

[Ava]

I went to my bedroom and sat on my bed. My TV was busted from my earlier tantrum, so I wouldn't be watching it for a long while. I sighed glumly, unlocking my phone. I scrolled through my apps and found a free movie to watch. After a minute of watching it, I grew bored and tossed my phone down.

I noticed Emily and Harry downstairs were laughing and it made me jealous. I peeked around the corner and saw them watching an animated movie in the living room.

Why wasn't I invited?

I slammed my door shut and went to sit on the end of my bed again. Maybe I could text my friend Jane and see what she's up to?

Ava: Wat U doing?
Jane: Getting ready for Ryan's party.

I immediately felt left out. Ryan was the coolest kid at Decker High.

Ava: U weren't going to tell me?
Jane: Ava, U don't like parties.
Ava: I know. At least tell me about it.
Jane: Sure! I'll LYK how rad it is.
Ava: That's not wat I meant.
Jane: gotta go! Kisses xx

I sighed and threw my phone across the room, hitting the TV screen again.

"Whoa, what's this about?" Harry asked, standing in my doorway.

"None of your business," I snapped, feeling very jealous at him for watching a movie with my little sister, and I was mad at Jane for not inviting me to Ryan's party.

"You slamming doors and throwing phones is my business," his voice full of authority. "Why the attitude change, Ava?"

I didn't answer, fuming with anger.

He stepped inside my bedroom and closed the door. "Miss Ava Marie, this attitude will not be tolerated," Harry warned, glaring suspiciously at me. "Now, please tell me what happened."

My anger turned into hot tears. "Why are you watching a movie with Emily?!"

Harry sighed. "That's why you're upset?" He rubbed his hand through his curls and then, sat down beside me on the bed. "Ava, you could've joined us."

"Why didn't you invite me?" I frowned.

"You said you wanted to go to your room," he replied, tenderly. "Do you want to join us?"

"Y-yes," I admitted, my voice cracking.

He smiled, taking my hand in his, and led me downstairs to the living room. Emily was sitting on the couch and glaring at me.

"I want watch the moobie," Emily growled.

"One second, darling." Harry replied, plopping down on the couch in the middle. "We'll watch the movie." He aimed the remote at the TV and Tangled began playing on the screen.

I sat down on his left side, bringing my knees up to my chest, and feeling a lot better now that I was with him.

Once the movie ended, Emily had fallen asleep. She was curled up in Harry's lap and it made me feel jealous again. I wanted to lean against him too, but I didn't know how to do it without feeling awkward.

Harry turned off the TV with the remote and carefully weaved his arms around Emily. He stood up to his full height with her cradled up against his chest like a baby. It sickened me that she was so close to him.

"I'm going to put her to bed," he whispered down at me and took her to her room.

It was half past ten and I was kind of sleepy, so I got up and went to my bedroom, which was across the hallway from Emily's room. I peeked inside as I passed by. Harry had tucked her in and kissed her forehead. He wouldn't do that for me I bet.