Chapter 2.

[Ava]

"Start cleaning," Harry said firmly, handing me a roll of disposable paper towels. But I refused to take it because I was still in shock about what had just occurred. About what Harry had just said to me. How he threatened to spank me. The thought of it terrified me.

I rubbed my sore bottom. It still kind of hurt, and my face was now burning hot with shame and embarrassment. The sting of the spanks was vanished now. It was literally just two slaps. I really don't think I could've handled more than that.

When I was younger, Mom always threatened spanking me. But I just laughed at her after she was done because it never hurt. I remember how hard she tried to punish me. She was never strong enough and she ended up fracturing her wrist from how hard she had tried. And soon enough she gave up. Never punished me again.

"Ava," Harry warned, his voice dropping an octave as he towered over me in the kitchen. He sat the paper towel roll down on the table and crisscrossed his tattooed arms. "Is this how it's going to be?"

The just glared up at him.

He pinched the sleeve of my shirt, slightly pulling me closer. I looked up at him, breathing nervously. He really was intimidating. "Am I going to have to take off my belt?" He growled.

My brown eyes widened. "I'm calling my Mom!" I panicked, backing away from him. Shakily, I grabbed my phone off the counter, almost dropping it from trembling so much.

"Go ahead, Ava. Tattle to your mum. See what she has to say," Harry said, stepping back to lean his firm shoulder against the wall. He had a smug look on his face like he already knew it was useless to call her because he knew she would agree with him. I wanted to call Mom anyway and notify her about his choice of punishment. Mom had the power to stop him.

Your call has automatically been forwarded to voicemail. Please leave a message after the beep. Beep.

My stomach dropped into the bottom of my intestines it felt like. She wasn't answering her phone. My palms instantly turned sweaty, and my pulse quickened. "Mom! Please, call me back! I need you really bad, Mom! Please, hurry!" I panicked into the phone, my voice rising higher with each quavering sentence that fell out of my mouth.

"You do realize she can't hear you until she opens the voicemail. Right?" Harry pointed out. His deep and articulate voice was oddly calm after warning me that he could whip me.

"Mom will call me back! Just you wait and see, Harry!" I insisted, vehemently. "My phone will be ringing in two seconds!" My hand was shaking as I stared at the blank screen, tears brimming my eyes once more as the fear that Mom wouldn't call slithered into my mind.

"One. Two," Harry counted, nonchalantly gazing down at his fancy gold wrist watch. His green eyes connected back to mine. "Well, it looks like your mum is busy."

"How?!" I shouted, tears streaming down my face. "She's on a stupid plane! What is there to do?! Eat peanuts and watch dumb movies?!"

Harry stopped leaning against the wall and walked toward me. "Hey, watch your tone of voice," he growled, taking the roll of paper towels off of the table. He lightly pushed it against my chest. "Get to work before I change my mind."

I grabbed the paper towels, dropped to the linoleum on my hands and knees, and started wiping up mashed banana goop. I would much rather clean this huge mess than get punished by him.

After about twenty minutes or so, Harry was satisfied with my work effort and dismissed me. I went upstairs to my bedroom and sat down with my phone, hoping mom would return my call. I wanted so badly to tell her about the spanking and how he threatened to use his belt on me. So I called her again, my heart pounding with anticipation but the call only went to voicemail once again.