But that was not the case.

"Chan Hyung? I haven't seen him in a year..."

"He moved out of the apartment?" I asked Minho as we talked over the phone.

"We all moved out Y/n, I'm back in Gimpo... The others and I still talk often though. In fact, Hannie just stayed over with me last week, and Changbin visited sometime this month too."

"Oh."

My coffee had gone cold. It had started to rain.

I had tried my best to track Chan down, but no one knew anything about it.

"Cold, it was as if all the warmth was sucked out of him." Felix had murmured when I met him at this very cafe two days ago.

I had placed my hand over his. "You sound the same Lix."

"I've been through rough times, and I didn't have my pillar to lean on... didn't have my hyung holding me up. I'll pull through, I'm healing. I'm more worried about him."

A stray tear had escaped my eyes and I wiped it off.

Cold? Lifeless?

I ran a hand through my hair. I sipped my coffee. I heard the bell at the cafe door jingle, telling me there was another customer.

"Welcome to Soul Cafe, where each sip of caffeine heals your soul. What would you like sir?"

"One Hazelnut latte." The voice murmured. I paid no attention to it, it sounded foreign, weak, lifeless.

"Would you like something with your drink sir?"

The new customer was quiet for a while.

"The caramel cake, the sea salt choco caramel cake."

My head whipped up, and standing in front of my eyes, was him, Chan.

My tears flowed freely now, as I broke down over how fragile he looked. His skin was shades paler than his fading blonde hair, and he had bags under his eyes. He was thin, so skinny that I could see his bones jutting out through his old shirt and baggy jeans. He looked like he hadn't slept in weeks, or ate in months.

He sat down as he waited for his order, he still hadn't noticed me. I wiped my tears with trembling hands and made my way over to him.

He was gazing out the window, watching the rain with sad eyes. My heels clicked at the ground as I came to a stop next to him.

"Cha-channie."

Beautiful.

He's beautiful when he's broken. The way he turned to me, his long lashes hooding his eyes... he looked ethereal.

But he was the most beautiful when he smiled.

I didn't get to see that smile that day.

"I'm home," I said, tears flowing from my eyes.

There was a momentary shock in his eyes, he sucked in a breath.

But that all disappeared in an instant.

He showed no emotion, but those who knew him would see the cold anger in his eyes, the sadness of how his lips turned down.

"Cancel my order." He called out, ignoring me. He stood up to leave, but I grabbed his arm.

"Where are you going?" I asked through my tears.

He doesn't bother to answer me, showcasing his anger. He simply yanked his arm from my grip and exited the cafe.