Part 3

Chapter 4

Durganon, Downtown Fallen City, Nue HQ

10:55 PM

The hazmat soldiers did not care or hesitate as they dragged the weeping man to his doom, they descended the stairs while the members used the elevators to get to the ground floor. As the last set of members got there, they saw the black suits entering the doors that no one was allowed access. The president sensed their hesitance and consoled. 'Yes, I know I have restricted anyone from entering through these doors. But today marks the start of Nue's reign, who shall reclaim the New World! Follow through brothers.'

With that, the members followed, their uneasiness didn't leave them, even after Yoshinori's attempt in explaining. He didn't mention what was down there. Or who?

##

The door led everyone to a dark, dim-lit corridor with doors on either side, far apart from each other. Footsteps echoed in unison against the steel floor all around the corridor as the soldiers advanced towards the end of it. Once the parade had reached the end, they halted and the President stepped forward passed the soldiers. He pulled out a key card from within his cloak and swiped it on a slot next to the large door, he then entered a sequence of keys on the touch pad. The large bar across the door slid with a mixture of mechanic whirrs, hums and cogs rotating from inside, the door slowly began to open.

The room was dark, there was no lighting, save for the meek light that bled from the screens on the console at the end of the room. He led the crowd in and the soldiers exited through another door. The other members shuffled in, they couldn't make out anything around them for it was far too dark. They only figured out that the fourth wall above the large console was actually made of a dark tinted glass, for the displays reflected on it.

'I'm sorry the room is poorly lit,' The President apologized. 'He doesn't like light very much.'

'Who's he?' Asked someone mildly irritated that they weren't told anything except for vague hints. 'Be patient, all your questions will be answered soon.' Replied the Vice-President.

'Thank you Yamada, he is correct. All your doubts will be cleared, have patience brother.' Yoshinori added. The brother who had asked replied with a low grunt, low enough for them to not hear. The tension was shattered when a red light behind the glass switched on, it startled everyone in the room besides the President and the Vice.

'Red light doesn't affect him much compared full spectrum or LED's, we have this light switched on for you all to see clearly.' Yoshinori explained to the now silent and interested audience. The red light casted onto the black abyss, having no use except lighting maybe a yard or two ahead. From the left side of the darkness beyond the glass door swung open and the soldiers poured in with Iowa now half passed out. They threw him like how a restaurant worker would take out the trash, he stumbled fell off balanced on his face in the middle of the glass' view. He groaned and tried to get up, but managed to only to rise to his knees. Yoshinori pressed a button from the console which produced a static sound for a second and then stopped with a click, he bent down towards a mic and tapped on it before asking. 'Furutani, can you hear me?'

Furutani swung his head in shock as he heard his name being called out above him on the PA. He was too in shock to reply, he continued to swing his head around looking for the speakers. The President continued. 'Listen to me, there is a possibility for you to be pardoned, so listen to me carefully. Pick up the goggles you see right next to you; I need you to put them on.'

Furutani nodded and complied, he put on the goggles and looked around the glass, he couldn't see anything. It was a one-way mirror. 'Now don't be afraid, those goggles should help you see around in the darkness. In a moment, you will see something, it could be a hare or a snake. I need you to turn around and tell me what you see.' Iowa nodded in fear once again and turned around shaking, he cast his eyes forward and looked down.

'Oh, I s-see it, it's a snake. But its d-dead.'

'Guilty...' The Vice President muttered to Yoshinori, who repeated it out loud over the PA.

'W-what? What do y-you mean?' Iowa asked.

'The snake, it represents someone who wronged the way of Nue, if it was a hare, it symbolized your innocence. But you are guilty. Now face Nue himself before you!' Finished Yoshinori and clicked the mic off. Furutani stumbled around and turned facing the glass, not knowing everyone was watching him. It was silent for a moment till it was broken by the gasps from the viewers as two large eyes the size of a human's head appeared from within the darkness, its acute pupils giving a devilish look to it. It reduced distance with the glass and grew larger, and it bobbed as thunderous booms that imitated footstep shook the whole vicinity. The dim light casted its red light on a vicious hideous face of a large ape, its oversized yellow teeth could not even fit in its mouth. Its nose the size of Iowa's abdomen, leaned in closer to him. The glass began to fog up as it exhaled. Yoshinori pressed a button on the console that immediately cleared the glass back to the way it was. Furutani felt the warm breath against his back and turned, not even half-way, a large monstrous sized paw crashed on him and sent him airborne. His trajectory was met with the steel cold wall and with a splat he fell down, his life gone, mangled and deformed. The paw emerged from the darkness once more and dragged what was left of the dismissed bodyguard. The eyes of whatever it was stared at the members as if it could see through the one-way mirror. And it disappeared into the shadows.

The President turned to his awestruck audience and declared. 'The rise of Nue is imminent, he shall rule the four lands of the New World once more, and we shall prepare for it!'

The members, flabbergasted and speechless knew to themselves; they had just witnessed their god Nue himself, first hand.

-𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 尸丹尺卞 3-

.

.

.

Yes i took an unannounced (and unplanned) break, I got caught up in some new things I'm trying to learn, yup! And so should you.  ;) 

(I'll be publishing haphazardly working around, tackling my studies and others works. Thanks for being patient with me, your comments are highly valued!) ツ

Catch ya later next time, in part 4!

Something uncalled for: Hamsters in coffee mugs.