Chapter 6

Back in the dorm I enter the kitchen to grab something to eat. I found some frozen fries and I threw them in the oven. When they were finished, I melted some cheese at top of them and had some soda to drink. Being a chef in hell is basically, well, hell for me since there is no ingredients that I can cook with in this place. While I sit in the living room, eating, the man who got trapped by the tare monster with me approaches. He sits down next to me and say, 'I never got your name' I answer with my hand covering the food in my mouth 'It's Hannah' He nods and says 'Awesome, I'm Kev.'

An awkward silence follows and the sound of me chewing suddenly feels embarrassing. I stop, drink some soda and to break the silence, I ask 'So, you in here for suicide, too?' 'Of course,' he answers 'What else? I mean, I'm in your group, right?' He has a point, I'm still curious how he did it though, and ask; 'So, how or why did you do it?' He seems distant but he answers 'Well, let's just say that my country doesn't really agree with my sexual orientation...' I stare at him 'So, you're...?' 'Gay, yes.' He smirks friendly towards me and I smile back. He continues to ask me, 'So, how about you?' I look at him and say 'Well, I don't really remember much, or, well, I don't really wanna talk about it...' He frowns, looks a little offended but answer 'Sure, I'll respect that. Just tell me when you're ready, ok?' I nod carefully, and a little apologetic. He quickly changes the subject, though and nods towards Luna 'So, what's the deal with Blue over there? She seems like a girl with some history behind her' I look at her as she reads a book at the other side of the room 'I don't really know much about her other that she's Spanish. She's hella strong though and for some weird reason, she likes me and wants to help me.' He looks at me perplexed and says 'Well, I guess you're lucky, secretive, but lucky. Anyways, I'm gonna hit the shower though, see you later?' 'Yeah, sure.'

I finish my meal, walk into the kitchen, and clean the dishes. Luna walks in and say, 'You got a new friend?' I say 'Yeah, or, I don't know him that much,but his name is Kev.' She nods saying 'Awesome, looks like a nice guy.' We proceed to walk into the living room to just relax at the couch and talk about normal things to deal with the harrowing events of the day. However, while Luna speaks about a friend who smokes too many cigarettes, I take a good look at the place and notice several paintings on the walls. They're old. The theme is dark,and it looks like the Dutch and Flemish Renaissance depicting hell in its various forms. Melissa thought me about these paintings and showed me a book with them once, I never knew this place would be so different from those paintings. A sudden thought hits me as I ask Luna 'Weren't we supposed to kill the masked man to end the second trial?' Luna looks surprised as I just suddenly changed the subject 'Uhm, yeah I know, that's weird, right? I've never experienced a scenario like that before. All of the trials are the same; fight something horribly weird and kill they guy in the mask.' I shrug and she continues 'Maybe they're trying something new?' I agree 'Yeah, maybe...'