Chapter 22

The Incident of 91

Bucky closed the door of the washroom and Lois's smile fell. Bucky's mood had changed when she brought up Steve and that was something they needed to talk about soon. Lois was caught up for the most part about what happened in Bucky's life for the past two years but Lois hadn't told Bucky enough of hers. He was waiting but she didn't know what else to tell him.

Lois's life became normal. No missions, no fights or running. She cared for her grandmother, whom when Lois returned from the Blip had passed away. She rekindled her friendship with Lauren, who had a happy home with two children. Lois spent most of her time with Nora. Every day she watched the news or looked for any information on the Winter Soldier but he was a ghost.

After months of persuading Nora to let her travel again, Lois took the opportunity to meet one of the last people to see Bucky in the Berlin airport. It was her last shot to find him, and Lois knew that if this person didn't have any answers she would have to stop looking.

Paris, 2018
1 year after Bucharest

Lois knocked on the luxury suite hotel door. She heard the fumbling noises from inside the room then the man's voice, "What is it?"

"Room service!" She lied.

The door opened and Lois immediately pushed Tony Stark back into his room and shoved him into the chair he was sitting on before. She closed in, grabbed his tie and pulled it tightly to hold him as he fought her simple hold. Tony's strength could not match the super assassins'.

Tony's eyes were wide and angered as Lois looked around his room for his suit that was nowhere to be found. She dropped his tie and flattened it before backing away.

"Sorry, Mr. Stark. I wanted to make sure you were alone so we could talk."

"Who the fuck are you?" He yelled. "And how did you find me?"

"You draw a lot of attention," Lois said, amused by his fit. "You've got a fan club across the street."

Tony watched her carefully as he fixed his tie.

"Do you know who I am?" Lois asked him.

"One night stand in Ibiza 10 years ago?" He snarked.

Lois laughed and pulled a chair to sit across from him. "Hmm. Probably not." Lois sat down and leaned forward to hold out her hand to him. "My name is Lois Baxson."

Tony looked down at her hand then back up at her face.

"I'm sorry for scaring you, I don't bite." She added, truthfully.

Tony leaned forward and shook her hand. He coughed as her hand squeezed his, "You gotta tight grip there, Lois Baxson."

"Sorry." Lois blushed as she pulled it back.

Tony crossed his legs and got a good look at the English woman in front of him. She wasn't originally from England but her accent was authentic and natural. She wore a long black coat and heels that didn't give away much about who she was, but her legs had noticeable scars. Tony was intrigued.

"So, you've snuck into my hotel and attacked me, what do you want to talk about?"

"Something that happened a year ago."

"A lot of things happened a year ago." He scoffed.

"It's about James Buchanan Barnes."

Tony went stiff and the air in the room felt uncomfortable. "What's it to you?"