73: Cranberry Fruit Punch

Start from the beginning

"Keep your hands to yourself bubby," I hiss into his ears, admittedly my heel-boots working to my advantage bring me in level with the stranger who otherwise would be two and a half inches taller than me.

He sways on his feet when I let go of his now sprained arm, hastily moving away from me and disappearing into the crowd. "You alright?" Alessandro enquires, his green orbits imbued with concern as he scans the damage done to my shoulder--which is almost none.

His tone on the other hand is permeated with restrain like he's holding himself back from reacting--which I appreciate--I prefer fighting my own battles, but there's also this twitch of disappointment in my heart when he doesn't stand up for me.

'I'm totally confused' I note in self-observation.

But these mixed emotions soon evaporate when he gently guided me to stand on his other side leaving me between him and Lindsey with both the guys on either side.

"Aren't they just adorable when they're mad?" Whisper-yells into my ears against the blaring music, motioning towards the two guys who busy themselves in glaring daggers at every male that looks or walks in our direction.

With a firm arm wrapped around my waist possessively, Alessandro constantly keeps pulling me a little closer to him as we move deeper into the wild crowd.

"Are all senior parties this crowded?" I yell into Lindsey's ears, who shakes her head negatively. "Only the ones organized by the Santos," she adds.

Pulling us into a much quieter spot in the room behind the island, the boys ask us to say here while they fetch our drinks. Listing off our demands to them, they leave us to ourselves as they disappear behind the makeshift bar.

The neon lights flashing in green and red the only source of illumination in the darkness engulfed room, with the bright red solo cups trashed across the room the few drops of its previous contents leaking from it.

"He likes you," she remarks grabbing my wandering attention.

"Huh?"

"Alessandro, he likes you," she rephrases solemnly, forcing a chuckle out of me.

"I sure hope so," I reply half my attention consumed by my never-ending train of thoughts.

"Jack doesn't look very happy," I hear her whisper-yell into my ear, the hint of nervousness detectable in her tone grabbing my absolute attention in a heartbeat.

Snapping out of my daze my eyes scan the room, but I don't see him anywhere. "Where?" I shift my gaze to Lindsey only to find her stifling her laughter by pressing her palm against her mouth.

"Idiot," I grumble smacking her arm playfully.

"You should have seen your face," she chortles, "priceless," she adds bursting into loud laughter, earning an eye roll from me.

"You're-" I cut myself off when I see the guys emerging from the crowd, balancing all our drinks in their hands.

"Well, drinks aren't the only things they brought back," Lindsey voices her observation bitterly, her eyes narrowed into a slit glaring daggers at someone.

Following her gaze, I spot the cause of her behavior change. "Who are they?" She grits out directing her question to me as her heated gaze remains fixated on the two oblivious guys approaching us with their own little following right in tow.

"The girl lacrosse team," I reply in a controlled tone watching Alessandro's every move in scrutiny.

"And what exactly are our boyfriends doing with them in tow?"