"I don't want to hold grudges." I went on.

"It's no point. She was willing to apologize and make things right so I allowed her to and that's it."

"Okay but what if she's only doing this so she can get you to get through to Giovanni?"

"What if she's just using you, Madison?" Lee spoke up again and I can't lie, it messed with my head completely.

Now I was starting to overthink again and I was beginning to believe that this was all a set up. Ms. Lucia probably really didn't give a fuck about me and maybe she still felt what she said about me in her heart.

Maybe she does still think I'm a demon or a darkie.

Breaking me away from my dark thoughts, I screwed my face up, feeling completely sick to my stomach. And before I knew it, Adonis had quickly grabbed the small black trash can and placed it in front of me as I threw up into it, straining myself.

-

Hours later

"You aight?" Gi asked as he drove, placing his hand over my stomach.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"I just think my period might be coming." I spoke quietly to him as he rubbed on my stomach now, turning his lip up at the thought of my period.

"Shush." I smiled, making him chuckle as he continued to drive, massaging my stomach with his free hand.

It'd been a long day for the both of us, Gi had ended up being officially diagnosed with OCD after me forcing him to go and get checked out, I was throwing up like crazy in front of Lee and Adonis and now I was feeling like I'd been hit by a train.

At this point, I just wanted to get home, complete my hygiene routine then go to sleep.

That's all.

"You ate?" Gi went on asking and I nodded slowly, closing my eyes then placing my head up against the seat. I was starting to get really nauseous all over again.

The thoughts that Lee put into my mind were rapidly making my head spin and the sick feeling I'd currently had just wouldn't go away.

In the mist of it though, my phone began ringing in the cup holder and I calmly opened my eyes to see who it was. I didn't pay it too much mind at first because I figured it was just Lee or my mom calling considering we'd just left there but I then saw Ms. Lucia's name flashing across the screen.

Once I noticed it was her calling, I instantly perked up while I sat up and snatched my phone out of the cup holder.

"Who that?" Gi glanced at me as I looked at him guiltily, shaking my head as if I was worry-free.

"Nobody." Was all I said, making his smack his lips.

"So yo' phone just ringing and shit but nobody's calling?"

"Why are you worried?" I awkwardly smiled as he licked his lips, cutting his eye at me.

"I'm just askin' you a question, ma."

"Whatchu gettin' all defensive for?" He asked seriously and I shook my head frantically.

"I'm not getting defensive." I told him with furrowed eyebrows as I looked down at my phone, declining the call completely.

"Then who was it?" He spat obviously wanting to know.

"It was my other man." Was all I said, jokingly to him as I shoved my phone into my pocket and keeping my poker face.

I knew I couldn't tell him the complete truth right now, so I figured I'd just steer away from it for now and make a joke out of things.

"Yeah aight." He screwed his face up at my words and I looked at him with a smile before seeing that he was dead serious.

"Stop fuckin' playing with me."

"Who is that callin' yo' phone, Madison?" He went on speaking sternly now and I sighed deeply, realizing I'd probably just made things worse.

I forgot he could never just take a joke. Just like before when I first met Adonis.

Rolling my eyes at the stupid joke now, I instantly cursed myself, knowing he was about to make a big thing out of it.

"Babe, I was just playing with you." I expressed to him and he shook his head, scoffing.

"Nah."

"Cause yo' ass don't never play like that and since when you actin' all sneaky with yo' phone and shit?" He asked, stopping at a red light as he put all his attention onto me.

"Gi, I was joking with you."

"It's not that serious, babe." I pleaded my case and he just looked at me with stern eyes as I looked into his with innocence.

As I did, his hard look went soft again as the light turned green and he finally looked away from me.

"Yo' ass keep playin' with a nigga after I already told you bout' that shit, Madison."

"Fuck would you even say some shit like that?" He spat, obviously sick to his stomach at the thought.

"You know I ain't that type nigga, bro."

"Yeah.."

"I forgot you get really insecure for no reason and you can't take a joke, Gi." I put my eyes to the sky while he continued to do the most.

"That was my fault." I looked down at my hands.

"Whatever, blood."

"I do that shit to you then I'm the worst nigga and I'm cheating but you do that shit then it's cool and a nigga insecure." He flagged me off, obviously in his feelings now while I continued to think about how I was going to make my next moves.

I knew it was wrong to be keeping this away and making him think things that weren't true but in this moment I knew I had to hold off from telling him the truth. He wouldn't just happily welcome Ms. Lucia back into his life and he wouldn't be happy about me doing so either.

Whereas I was content with where she stood in mine.

We weren't best friends and we'd never be but she'd apologized to me over the phone and now we were cordial enough to speak if needed. That's all I'd ever wanted.

He would never see it that way though.

*

Thoughts?

Concerns?