16.

Giovanni 

"Please just go, babe." She cried weakly in the crook of my neck but she held onto me tightly.

I knew by the way she was holding onto me, she didn't really want me to leave and I knew I wasn't going to.

I didn't know what the fuck to feel in this moment. I was hurt for her, sad for her and angry for her but I wasn't angry at her.

I angry at myself.

I'd let this shit slide for so long not knowing how bad it fucked with my baby. It affected her horribly and I should've been truthful.

From the start, I should've told her the truth.

Not saying anything at all now, I held onto her tightly, leaving small kisses on the nape of her neck. She cried and she cried hard but I was going to be here for her.

She was down right now and I had to be but I knew my baby, she didn't believe those words she was speaking. I would never even allow her to believe them.

She was beautiful and it broke me for my mama's words to even make her think other wise.

"Damn, I love you." I spoke quietly as she held onto me tightly and I did the same to her.

"I'll never leave." I expressed, whispering into her ear.

"And I'll never allow myself or anybody else to hurt you again."

"You're my heart and I'm' always gon' protect you." I continued to speak softly into her ear.

"You hear me, baby? Never."

Silence then took over us as I stood to my feet and picked her up off of hers. Scooping her into my arms, she kept her head mushed into the crook of my neck as I carried her to her bed.

When I put her down, she still held onto me, meaning she wanted me to lay with her so I was going to. I took my shoes off and got into the bed with her, laying directly beside her. 

I heard her sniffles go on for a while and felt her tears dripping down my neck,m and that went on maybe a few minutes before they eventually stopped. When they did, I knew she had ended up drifting off to sleep and I laid there in my head.

I kept thinking about everything that happened today, everything that was said. Everything that was done.

Just trying to figure out my next move.

I was done allowing my mama to disrespect her and I was done letting shit slide that fucked with my baby in this way.

Shit had to change. Shit was going to change.

-

Madison
Next day
6am

Standing in the bathroom mirror, I sluggishly got myself ready for work as Leonie went on ranting about yesterday's antics on FaceTime.

"I can't believe that shit. I told you Giovanni ass be lying to you so he don't get curse the fucked out."

"That's that Virgo shit." She went on saying and I couldn't help but to smile small.