Sneak Peek

Hi guys. Its been a long time. I have been working on Book 2 and while it is still in progress, a sneak peek is something that I can put forth. Hope you enjoy!! Also I was thinking of posting it on a website I created. Check that here https://jaderoxx30892.wixsite.com/reallies.

Happy birthday streams through the headphones. In Jake's voice. "Hey Jade, Happy birthday to you. I know this is supposed to be just your dad's funny quips but I couldn't help but steal some of the show. Ok as a surprise I have added something at the end. From me. I know it is kind of cheesy.." Of course it is, I thought with a smile. "...but trust me it is good. I mean the entire stream is good. Of course because your dad is an extremely intelligent man and funny too... I am rambling aren't I? Ok ok here you go.." The stream then turned to dad talking about his work. Some times he had funny comparisons to the situations he was stuck in, which really made me laugh. Dad was funny. I didn't realize that it was a long time since I had laughed. I closed my eyes and dad's voice strengthen me. Finally, the stream comes to an end. Jake's voice comes on again. "Hey thank you sticking around Miss.." Ok Jake maybe you need some wine to the cheese you are spouting. "Okay its not a big deal but remember our first date?.." I paused to think.  Remember it? You are kidding right? Of course I remember it.

Jake and I were seated on opposite sides of the dining table. Jake was working on his laptop and I was going through some reports from work. I was engrossed in the reports, but I could still see Jake stealing glances at me from his laptop screen, not saying anything. This happened probably a million times, before I snapped his laptop shut, "Jake?" "Yes?" "I know you are a genius but I don't think you are that smart to invent a way to communicate telepathically. Right?" I asked with a smile. He smirked, "Really? How can you possibly know that? Maybe I have a way. Caught your attention, didn't I?" "That's because you are the most unsubtle person in the world," I snapped. He chuckled leaning forward, "From what I have gathered, you don't like subtle." I narrowed my eyes at him, "What do you want?" "Who said I wanted anything?" He said mocking me. I glared at him. He nervously raised his hands, "Okay okay. I was wondering if you would want to go out in the evening?" "Where?" I asked. "On a date. With me," he said being all nonchalant but I could see him getting extremely nervous. "Are you asking me out?" I asked stupidly. He raised his eyes, "Pretty much. Did I say it wrong?" I giggled, "I am sorry, it was kind of unexpected. Caught me by surprise."

"So?" He asked. "So what?" I asked. He groaned, "Dammit woman, would you go out with me?" I mentally slapped myself realizing I hadn't answered him, "Of course. Yes. Sorry I thought I answered." He smiled, "Wonderful." Claps sounded behind us. Slow claps. "Wow. Mountains have moved faster than you two," Richy said. "This is a private conversation," Jake snapped. "Then have it in the privacy of your own room," Richy snapped back. He looked at his watch, "Okay I have to go. Company retreat. You kids have fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. Don't wait up for me. And.." He quietly said, "Use protection." He rushed away before Jake could respond anything. Jake frowned, "The man has no boundaries whatsoever." "He does that to get a reaction from you. You know that right?" I said. He shrugged, as I started getting ready for work, "I will see you in the evening then?" He smiled, "I will be waiting." 

Evening couldn't come sooner. I was almost ready when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I opened to Jake standing with flowers. I chuckled, "Never in a million years I thought I would see you standing outside my door with flowers." He looked confused, "What? Isn't it convention?" I took the flowers from him, "You are anything but convention." "Agreed. Let's go?" He asked. I nodded. We drove to a nearby lake and sat down on a deck. I looked at him strangely. "What?" He asked. "What's with you and water?" I asked. "I have no idea what you are talking about?" He said. "You want to live on an island and you hate the cold. So you definitely like the tropics I guess," I said. "Okay. Its a valid point. I do like the tropics and I like water. Is that a bad thing?" He asked. "No its good to know your likes," I said. "You know what else I like?" He said standing up and offering me a hand. I took it and stood up, "Do tell." He smirked. A dangerous smirk. I couldn't really analyze it.

"What?" "Swimming!" He said pushing me in the lake. I couldn't react as I plopped into the water. Moments later I sense a splash next to me. I see Jake wading towards me. I narrowed my eyes, "This wasn't funny." "You're right. It was hilarious," he replied. "Jake the water is freezing. I am this close to turning into a popsicle." He doesn't answer, just laughs. "What? You told me I am anything but conventional so consider this my natural instinct," he said chuckling. I frowned. "How about 5 minutes and then lets head back to eat something?" He asked. "Fine," I said. He pulled me closer and kissed me. Probably the same moment when someone clicked the picture. Somehow the moment that was so sweet and romantic was tarnished with someone else's sinister intentions. And I did not like it one bit.