Part 14

Sorry guys I kinda dropped off the face of the Earth😂😂 Also there's a BRAVE reference

.....

"You will 'keep this up' until I finish the amulet!" Merlin snapped. "Without it, your future will cease to exist!" I crossed my arms, rolling my eyes. I knew he was right.

"I'm suffering.." I whispered.

"Believe me," Merlin said quietly, "we all are." With that, he left, shutting the door behind him. I walked back to the tournament feeling completely drained. I needed rest. I needed time to process everything that was happening. I ran into Claire.

"(Y/n)?" She asked. "I thought you were supposed to be with Arthur?"

"I thought you were supposed to be with Douxie." I rolled my eyes.

"I was about to enter the tournament," she stated.

"You?" I asked in disbelief. "You'd enter to marry me?"

"Um.." she furrowed her brows, looking to the side. "No, there's just a suspicious party going in, and I believe they may be working for Morgana."

"Oh.." I looked down, a bit disappointed. "Alright."

○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○

Claire had infiltrated the tournament and had been disqualified. A changeling attempted to stab my father, but Claire made a portal, getting him out of the way. I was standing next to Bular when the impure looked my way. The creature growled, whipping a poisoned blade at me. I managed to get out of the way as it hit one of the restraints holding Bular. He was able to break the rest of the contraption, but was now angry at the impure.

"You almost hit her.." Bular growled at the changeling, standing over me in a protective position.

"But he didn't," I stated, patting my friend's arm. Bular released a low growl, but backed off.

"You! Away from my daughter, Butcher!" My father cried, jumping down.

"Father, no!" I shouted, grabbing a stray sword from the sidelines.

"So this is what it has come to," the King stated darkly. The two of us began to fight, but I was knocked backwards. Laying on the ground beside me, my sword glinted in the sunlight. My father's eyes narrowed at me as I picked it up.

"I've had just about enough of your rebellion, daughter," the King growled.

"You're the one that wants me to--" I was cut off.

"You embarrassed me," he stated coldly. "You embarrassed me!"

"I still followed the rules!" I shot back, standing up.

"You don't know what you've done!" My father raised Excalibur above his head.

"Just listen!" I cried, gripping my own sword tighter.

"I am the King!" My father shouted, bringing his blade down. I caught it just above my head. The man was stronger than he looked. "You listen to me!"

"Ugh!" I shouted. "This is so unfair!" He removed his blade from mine.

"Unfair?!" He asked angrily.

"You're never there for me!" I yelled.  "This whole marriage thing is what you want! Have you ever dared to ask what I want? No!" I began pacing. "You walk around telling me what to do and what not to do.. trying to make me be like you!" I paused. "Well.. guess what?" The two of us shot eye daggers. "I'm not going to be like you!" Using my blade, I pointed to a painting my mother had made of our family. It hung on the wall because my father thought it symbolic.

"No! Stop that!" My father cried, tears brimming in his eyes. The tip of my blade wedged itself into the canvas' fabric.

"I'd rather DIE-" I ripped a large hole in it between he and I, "-than be like you!" The King audibly gasped, eyes widening.

"Your mother made that.." he whispered before growing angrier. "You are a princess, (Y/n)," he snarled, stomping towards me. "I expect you to act like one!" He grabbed ahold of a necklace I was wearing and ripped it from my neck. I gasped at the impact. "Your association with those monsters is over!"

"No!" I watched as he threw it into one of the surrounding fires. Little did he know that was the very last thing I had that connected me to the man I had lived with for the past so many years of my life; the man I had come to know as my 'father'. He had freed me without either of us even knowing it. The King and I looked at each other for a few seconds that felt like an eternity. I then reached up, removed my crown from my head, and set it down on the ground.

"No.." he whispered as I walked towards Bular, who stood at the side, watching as this happened.

"Let's go," I grumbled as Bular and I took off.