Part 10

(A/N): Whilst going through my writer's block, I drew one of the scenes from the pervious book when everyone thought Jim was dead in the Eternal Night😁 Also, I'm getting a new phone, so idk if it will delete my drafts on here that's  why this chapter is short. Anyway, enjoy the story!

A fight.

A brutal fight to the death.

My aunt lost her life.

My father lost his blade.

The world was silent.

The kingdom was dark.

"Excalibur is busted, and Morgana is.. is..." Douxie sighed. "This never was supposed to happen."

"You did what you thought was right," Archibald tried to assure him. A tear rolled down my cheek.

"I.. I can't believe--" I wiped my face, ignoring the stares I received from Steve and Claire. "We're never gonna get back home.." I leaned my head onto Douxie's shoulder as he pulled me into a hug. Merlin burst in.

"We have to try," the mage's voice cracked. "We have to try." I nodded, stepping back.

"Camelot is in chaos, and Arthur is without his blessed weapon to defend it!" Merlin threw Excalibur's pieces onto the table as Hisirdoux and past me stumbled in with a chest.

"What's the big deal? Can't he just buy a new one?" Steve asked stupidly.
"Not the right time period," I cut in.

"Do you understand the danger you've put us in?! Without Excalibur, Arthur cannot lead Camelot to war against Gunmar!"

"Which would be the end of humanity," Archie added.

"And our future.." Douxie whispered.

"Okay... Okay..." my breath was shaky. "God, how did this happen?!" I suddenly shouted, running my hands through my hair.

"(Y/n)--" Claire started.

"How did any of this happen?!" Objects began floating around me, enveloped in a red aura. "If that stupid Arcane Order hadn't shown up, I'd have my own staff! I'd be in France, for God's sake! None of this should have fucking happened!"

"Language!" Douxie furrowed his brows.

"(Y/n), that's enough!" Merlin's power overtook the objects, placing them back down. "Of all people, I expected you to remain calm! Your father is on the brink of insanity! The kingdom is in the path of destruction! I must repair Excalibur, and you must be here, should anything go wrong! Can I count on you?!"

"No!" I cried, a growl ripping from my throat. "Why don't you send her?" I pointed at my past self, who was watching as this unfolded. Hisirdoux cowered behind her.

"She lacks the flexibility. You have a certain ruling quality!" Merlin spat.

"Hagar's ghost, Master, she is me!" I snapped. The wizard angrily grasped my shoulder.

"Mark my words, (Y/n). You are most certainly not her. You have grown tremendously. You have shown great feats. She is not ready." My past self stomped over.

"Of course, I'm ready! I can manage my kingdom just fine!" She hissed.

"No, no.." Merlin stepped back, gathering some things on his table and mixing them in his cauldron. "You're not too important at this point in time. What needs to be done, my advanced apprentice can do. The people are easily fooled."

"But, Mast--" Merlin shot a non-verbal spell, knocking out my past self. She fell to the ground, sprawled out on the stone.

"I thought that caused memory damage.." I mumbled.

"Not when I do it" the wizard barked, continuing to mix the potion. "You have yet to perfect sleep spells. As for the rest of you: Make ready. I must bring Excalibur to the Lady of the Lake."

"She's real?" Claire inquired.

"Real as ever," I told her. Merlin scoffed, gathering up his things and commanding Hisirdoux to mind the workshop.

"Now, come. Let us aid our King, and get you young ones home," he stated.