Part 3

"(Y/n)?" Jim asked hesitantly. "What.. happened? What are we doing at a Renn faire?" I gave Douxie a sideways glance.

"Well, Douxie, here, was supposed to steer us through a time rift so that Merlin could get that shard out of your chest, and save Nari." Douxie put his hands up in protest.

"Hey, if we hadn't fallen, you'd be dead by now!" He announced.

"Perhaps you should've let that happen," I glared.

"Well then." Douxie looked me up and down, hands on his hips while we walked. "What (Y/n) is trying to say is that we're prisoners in the uh.. Dark Ages. I'd say mid twelfth-century with no way home." He explained to Jim. "It's not an ideal situation."

"Ideal?!" I shouted. "Jim has a shard of evil magic in his chest!" Douxie made a shushing sound at me, looking around.

"Actually, I'm still hurt, but it feels different somehow," Jim stated. I stuck my hand through his cage to hold his own.

"Modrax's miracles. He's right!" Douxie exclaimed.

"Pfft! You still use that phrase?" I mocked.

"Pipe down, (Y/n) we have to remain inconspicuous, here. When we jumped back in time, it must've frozen the corruption in place!" Douxie continued, pointing at Jim's amulet.

"Seems I've missed a lot.." Jim mumbled.

"You have no idea.." I let go of his hand to touch my neck, which had returned to normal temperature.

"Doesn't he work at the cafe?" Jim asked, referring to Douxie.

"Part time," the mage answered. "Thanks for always tipping, by the way."

"He's Merlin's apprentice," Claire added, slipping her hand into his. "It's a long story."

"Open the gate!" Lancelot suddenly yelled. "We have foreigners awaiting judgment from King Arthur!"

"Well, Jim.. time to meet the parents," I chuckled. "Well-- one of them, judging by the looks of Lance's beard." I turned to Douxie. "I just hope I don't run into myself any time soon. I was.. a bit barbaric.."

"Ah, no worries," Douxie smiled. "Besides, Camelot's my old turf."

"Your old turf?" I raised an eyebrow as Douxie chuckled.

. . . . . . . . .

"Here are the trespassers, m'lord." Sir Lancelot gave Jim a hard shove.

"A troll?" The King asked angrily. "I thought I made it clear that your kind are unwelcome when I banished you all from the realm!" His angry voice boomed. Jim kneeled, looking terrified and speechless at the King.

"Father, please!" I shouted, reaching out towards Jim. I was grabbed my a knight before I could get to him.

"Don't you mean betrayed?!" Morgana's voice echoed as she stormed through the court. "You gave the woods to enchanted creatures like these. You'd break that vow?!"

"These beasts care not," my father growled. Especially not this.. spy of Gunmar's!"

"Stop calling me a beast!" Jim pleaded, trying to move, only being held back my more knights. "Wait.. Gunmar?" He panted.

"Yes," I whispered back. Gunmar rules over the dark forest at this point in time."

"The trolls are born of magic," Morgana spoke, "as you are of blood. How is their nature a crime?"