Part 9

(A/N): Short chapter today, I apologize, but I'll do a longer one next!

"I love you guys..." Steve slurred. "Y-you guys are my best friends..." I began plucking what looked like pins out of his skin. "Ow... ow.... ow!" I pulled the last one out.

"Better?" I asked, helping him to a standing position.

"Yeah..." I could tell he was still a little woozy from the pressure points that had been hit. "You're pretty.." he pointed at me. I furrowed my brows in confusion as he layed an arm around my shoulder. "My girlfriend is a ninja-kicking angel," he continued.

"Okay, let's get you back to normal," I awkwardly stated, pulling him down onto a large rock.

"Great spot, princess," Lancelot looked around. "We can easily scope out the territory from here!" He leaned down, looking through some of the brush. "I've even got one in my sights." I left Steve, focusing on whatever the knight saw.

Jim.

He was showing Callista his phone screen. My heart ached at the sight of him, knowing I couldn't go down there. I snapped out of my thoughts, seeing Lancelot raise a crossbow.

"Oh, fuck.." I whispered, picking up the closest thing to me. I reeled back and struck him on the back of the head. The arrow was fired, plunging into Callista's thigh. "Run!" I demanded, seeing them look up in my direction. Lancelot slowly got up, groaning. I hit the man again before running as fast as I could. I weaved through trees, following a curved path downhill. I heard Jim cry out in pain. The forest seemed to get darker, but I didn't care. "Jim!" I yelled. "Jim, where are you?!" My eyes fell on the half-troll, holding the shard in his chest.

"(Y/n)?!" His eyes went wide. He tried to run to me, but tripped over a stray tree root.

"There you are," Morgana's voice growled. She slammed the Skathe Hrün down, causing Jim and me to flinch.

"No! I won't let you kill him, no matter what Father says!" I cried angrily.

"Hush, (Y/n)," she turned to Jim, holding out a hand. "Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you." The boy stood hesitantly, eyeing the woman suspiciously. I let out a sigh of relief.

"I thought you were actually going to do it," I said, a laugh escaping my lips. Jim wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Never," Morgana assured me as I gave Jim a fervent kiss. "Go. I will draw away the others."

"I'll find you." Jim turned and picked up his speed, only to get punched by the King. He was knocked off-balance.

"So, Sister.. Daughter.." My father drew Excalibur. "Daughter, I am deeply disappointed in you." He pointed the blade at Jim's throat. "Do you know what this means?! Do you know what this says about our Kingdom?! It's treason!" He raised his blade. I fired a non-verbal spell in his direction, causing Excalibur to fall from his grasp.

"Run, Jim," I growled. He obeyed, rushing off into the darkness.

"I warned you.. not to return with a clean sword!" My father yelled, thrusting his blade into my direction. "You are to be under strict surveillance of sir Lancelot until we return to Camelot. I have plans for your punishment." I scoffed, slowly backing away towards Lancelot.