Sweet

"Everything okay?" She meekly asked, he nodded just admiring her. His grin became wider, he quickly stopped staring at her and looked around at the stones.

"It's nice here." He stated.

"The fairies only come down here for class, other than that no one comes down here. That I know of." He chuckled and nodded.

"Sky, you know how I told you about Aster Dell?" He nodded, listening in carefully.

"I could see it in your eyes, the hurt hearing what Saul did. I know you haven't questioned it because of me, but hear me out. Beatrix twisted things, I could feel it. I know Saul wouldn't intentionally do any of that. Don't feel like you can't trust him." Sky nodded, glad for the small reassurance.

"I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner. Silva's worried and I am too. Faya, you have every reason to be on edge, you were kidnapped by Beatrix. I get why you would want to do it, but you don't have to carry the dagger around, you're safe. We have Specialists everywhere, you have also got me." Faya smiled slightly, held the dagger in her hands and sighed.

"I'm glad I've got you looking out for me." She placed the dagger back down, hummed slightly as she thought about what to say to him.

"Would you like to see what I saw?" She asked quietly, he nodded and stood in front of her. She placed her fingertips on his temple. Focused on exactly what she saw at Aster Dell and by what she saw in Beatrix's head. He took a step back, blinking a few times and looked at her confused.

"I've tried figuring out why she didn't mention my parents. When I can clearly tell they were in her thoughts."

"And I know Farah and Saul know something, Farah was the one who told me to go to the east wing. She obviously knows something and I'm not pissed with her. I don't care if she's hiding stuff from me because everyone hides stuff. I feel bitchy for saying this because I have mine and you don't. So I feel ungrateful because, well I do but I just feel like my parents aren't who I thought they were."

"I get it, you're not being ungrateful. I know what it's like to not your parents." Faya nodded slightly, resting her head on his shoulder as they leaned against the stone stand in the middle. Faya grabbed a bar of wrapped chocolate that she placed in her pocket before she left and handed it to Sky.

"Thanks." He took it and broke it in half, handing her some. They both munched on the chocolate, the breeze swooping down, shooting a cold gush against their skin. Faya sneezed, giggling quietly at her reaction to the coldness.

"Do you get sick of helping me? I know that it must be tiring. Always having to deal with whatever shit I've got going on."

"No, I'm a fixer, I'm the son of a war hero raised in Alfea. I've heard more stories about the great Andreas than I can count. It's almost like he's still alive but he's not. He's an ideal. Do you have any idea how hard it is to live up to...." Faya could see the emotion pouring out of him, she could feel her own cracking at his confession.

"Even Silva, it's like he's... it's like he's playing some role out of a sense of duty. When all I really want..." Faya rubbed his back carefully, then grabbed his hand and gave it a small squeeze of reassurance.

"I'm a fixer, cause I have to be. Cause I'm supposed to be." He caressed her cheek, looking down at her and could feel his heart rate quicken at her appearance. Her eyes were watering, her honey hazel eyes were shining in the peaking out light. Her eyes were one of the many features he adored. He let his hand rest on her cheek, a way to comfort her and himself. 

"Because when I fix other people, I don't have to think about how fucking broken I am."

"We can be broken together." Her voice echoed in his ears, a tiny smile formed on his lips and he cupped her face in his hands. She gazed into his eyes, wiping away the single tear that ran down his face. Sky tucked some hair behind her ear, going through the thought process in his head.

Sky leaned in closer to her, Faya leaning in as well. Their lips were inches apart, both could feel the other one's breath on their face. At last, their lips met, the entire world seemed to slow down. Sky rested one hand on her waist and the other on her face. Faya placed her hands on his biceps, it was her first kiss and she loved every moment of it. 

It was a sweet, gentle and beautiful kiss. Faya just hoped she was kissing him the correct way.  They pulled apart, smiles on their lips and then leaned in again. Their lips brushing against each other, Faya rested her forehead on Sky's. She blushed violently, giggling quietly and became very quiet. But a good kind of quiet, she was filled with joy and had no words. 

"You have no idea how beautiful you are." He whispered, kissing her forehead. Smiling as she shied away. He continued to hold her close to him and then stepped back. He admired her, a boyish grin on his lips. 

They walked back to the school, hand in hand and both in a giddy mood. Sky led Faya to the suite doors, kissing her cheek and smiled brightly. She had her back to the door, the grin stuck on her lips. 

"Such a gentleman." He chuckled, holding both her hands in his. His larger hands could fit her smaller ones in his own perfectly.

"You know just what to say to make me smile." She giggled and bit her lip slightly out of nerves. She pulled the dagger from her pocket. Handed it to him, with no hesitation or regret. 

"I don't need it anymore." He kissed her forehead, smiling with her and watched her go inside before walking off. Faya was all giddy, she skipped to her room and flopped on her bed. She cherished the memory of her first kiss, literally playing it like a movie inside her head.

"Why are you so happy?" Musa asked with a small smile as she walked into the shared bedroom. Faya sat up, blushing violently.

"Sky and I kissed." Musa's eyes widened, a huge smile on her lips. 

"Finally!" Faya snorted, still extremely happy. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" She curiously asked. 

"The entire suite has been waiting for you and Sky to do something." Faya rolled her eyes and giggled. 

"Any bets placed?" Faya curiously asked

"No, we didn't go that far." Musa smirked and went to go and tell the others. The next day came in Faya stood in the training grounds, watching the others. 

"Heard you and Sky were the first ones to kill that Burned one simulator. Congrats." She turned around and looked at Riven. She smirked slightly and nodded. 

"Are you alright? Look, I don't have to be using my magic to know you're hurting. I know Terra spoke to you yesterday but I want to as well." He sighed, appreciating the concern from her.

"I... um, urgh!"  

"When Stella made fun of you for not being able to control your magic, when she wanted to retrieve her ring, you cried because?" Faya didn't understand where this was going but answered anyway. 

"It was triggering being reminded that I couldn't do what a lot of first-year fairies can do. I was also still hurting from what happened in the forest." Riven nodded feeling bad for making her bring this all up, but it was to help him explain. 

"Then with Queen Luna?" 

"I didn't want to be a pawn anymore, my parents already sent me to be a weapon and I just didn't want that anymore. Also, she slapped me, so that also set me off." 

"And you had myself and Sky there for you." Faya nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"What I'm trying to say is, while I have people I can talk to, I don't. I'm worried about being hurt or betrayed..." Faya nodded, getting where he was coming from. 

"I get it, I really do. I can be like that too, those times I cried. I had been bottling emotions up for a while and when I was triggered I just ended up in tears. Riven, crying does not make you seem weak. It's natural. You can talk to me when you're ready, or now if you're ready now." 

"With Beatrix, I didn't have to worry. Even when she would say something that hurt, I still felt something for her. But knowing what's happened, I-I just don't know anymore. Then seeing Dane, I realised how much of an ass I am and that I passed it onto him." 

"You'll find your people. I know it,  you have me and Sky. Don't be afraid to ask for help." He smiled slightly and nodded thanking her. 

"Thank you." 

"Of course." She whispered.