Training

Faya took a shaky breath, her heart was racing and she was throwing rocks around at the burned one. Sky was sticking closer to her, holding his sword up, checking his surroundings and then glanced back at the mind fairy. Seeing something about to come down at them, she quickly made a forcefield dome over the two and watched the multiple stones hit the purple dome and then bounce onto the ground. 

"Still love this one." Sky said, gaining his focus back as the forcefield disappear and swung his sword around as the burned one charged forward. As Sky stabbed the burned one, Faya began using mind-changing magic, to confuse the burned one and smiled slightly as it began thrashing its' head around. 

Faya stared longer, splitting her attention and used the creature's diverted attention to her advantage. She used her sword, charged forward and plunged the blade into the centre of the creature. Sky quickly pulled Faya back, wrapping his arms around her waist before the burned one could attack her. 

The burned one disappeared into the gem and hit the ground with a quiet thud. Faya sighed, turning around and rested her forehead on his chest. 

"We're getting better each time." He reassured her, she nodded with a small nod and smiled softly. Sky carefully got her to look up at him and swiped away some of the dirt that rested on her cheeks. 

"Thanks." He winked at her then nodded and smiled happily. He picked up the gem, taking his sword which Faya had handed to him. They began walking around the maze-like garden until they ran into Professor Harvey. Faya had been exceeding at all of the training stuff, with and without her magic. All she could feel was pride in herself for doing well and improving in herself. 

"Can we get a hint?" Sky asked. 

"Every failure brings you one step closer to success. You both just have to be patient, mind magic is highly effective, especially in the way that you use yours. With time, focus, self-control and power you will be able to efficiently confuse a burned one and with an actual one tap into its' thoughts, memories and whatever else, just like an actual person." The girl nodded, taking all the information in, trying to make it count. 

"Faya, your magic can be brutal, with your magic, you will be able to destroy what is inside a Burned one. Which a magical core called a cinder and with time and finesse you can use your magic to destroy it. Even if it's not the mind, there are ways in which you can. But the key is mutual trust, you must trust your Specialist to hold it back while you channel controlled magic, and you must trust your fairy to get the job done." Professor Harvey walked away, leaving the two teens in each other's company. 

"Am I normal?" Sky looked down at her, almost not catching what she said due to the quietness of her voice. 

"What do you mean?" He asked worriedly, confused to what brought this thought up. 

"I've just been thinking, Bloom keeps searching for the answers, she wants to know what her past is. I don't search for the answers when I know I have more to know. Am I normal that I'm not searching for the answers like Bloom is? Sky, I can see them watching her, hear their thoughts, I can see the blocks in their minds. Bloom and I are almost in a similar position, yet they have a greater concern for her." 

"You are normal, there are many reasons why you might not be searching for the answers. You could be happy with the way things are, fear what's in store, you might just know when to stop. Fay, Beatrix kidnapped you, Bloom is being defiant, they know deep down inside something is up but it hasn't reached them yet..." Sky trailed off seeing Saul, Farah, Aisha and Musa walk past them, all staring at them. His lips twitched into a grin seeing Faya smile politely at them and then turned back to Sky. 

"You have come so far, you're finding out more and more every passing day. I'll be here if you need me, I promise." He cupped her face in his hand and watched her features instantly soften as a warm smile appeared on her lips. 

"I'll be here for you too Sky, just as much as you have been for me." He embraced her into his chest. They trained for a little bit longer, being the first duo to take down a Burned one. Faya went to her dorm, showered and then dressed in some warm clothes and sat on her bed. Partly listening in on the conversations taking place. 

(This can be found on shoplook, created by me

(This can be found on shoplook, created by me.)

She did some of her homework, glancing at her phone every now and again. She stood up walking into the living area and smiled at Musa before going to Bloom. She stared at the fire fairy, there has been tension between the two. Bloom had been avoiding her at any cost, dodging any conversation of what happened at Aster Dell. 

"Faya, if you wanna talk about it, there's nothing to talk about." Bloom stated, barely looking at her. 

"Didn't come to talk about that, in fact, that is the least of my concerns." Faya looked around, Aisha wasn't near the room, neither were the others. She walked closer to Bloom, causing her attention to be focused on the brunette. 

"If you want to trick me, prevent me from hearing your thoughts, I suggest that you up your game. Don't think that I don't notice you and Dane. If you're that desperate, get your little buddy Beatrix to give you some tips." Bloom gave her a cold stare, watched Faya turn away. 

Faya walked out, down to the stone circle and smiled at the wave of relaxation that she felt. She could feel full control of her magic like if anything were to go wrong, she'd know what to do and have control of everything.

The girl placed a dagger on the stone bench, she carries it with her for protection against anything that might come to harm her. She could feel her cheeks turn rosy pink, butterflies swarm in her stomach as Sky's thoughts filled her head.

"Hey." She smiled, turning around and looked at him. He grinned, tilting his head to the side then straightened up. His eyebrows furrowed seeing the dagger but didn't question it. Faya walked closer to him, sticking her hands inside her pockets.