"Let Mommy do it."

"No! Your nails are too long!" He was starting to irritate me. He wouldn't hold his eye open himself and refused to let me do it, yet he wouldn't stop crying. He was just sitting on the counter with both of his eyes closed, crying loud as hell.

"Taejin"

"Ma'am?" He asked, irritated as well.

"We could've been washed your eye out and you could've been back outside by now— let Mommy see, I promise I'll be gentle."

"Your nails are too pointy!" He complained. "I don't like those nails."

Little did he know his Daddy said and thought the same thing, but I didn't give a damn. I only wore my nails short when my kids were babies and I didn't see myself having another baby on my hip any time soon.

"Lay back and let's do it that way." I tried to lay him down causing him to protest against me even more.

"No, no, no! I don't want to do it that way!" He jerked away from me. "You'll get water in my nose!"

"Taejin-"

"What's wrong with him?" I jumped, clutching my chest. Tae stood in the doorway of the bathroom, looking at me for an explanation. I hadn't even realized I left the door wide open.

"Your daughter threw sand in his eye and he doesn't trust me to get it out without poking him."

"Why you ain't just have him lay back?" He accepted Taejin's loving as he felt around for his Dad, hugging his torso with his eyes closed. "Lay back, Son."

"I tried" I sat down on the toilet seat, letting him take over. Taejin complied, laying down like Tae told him without a response.

"Really Taejin? Now why I had to be told no but Daddy gets nothing?"

"Daddy doesn't have long nails like you." He made me and Tae both laugh.

I watched as Tae dampened a paper towel, squeezing out most of the excess water. "Hold your eye open."

"You do it, Daddy."

"You a big boy or what?" I chuckled at his question. Taejin immediately held his eye open for Tae to wipe it clean. "This may feel a little funny but it won't hurt so don't get to acting like it does."

"Yes sir"

He used the paper towel to drop a few drops of water into his eye, ripping another off the roll to wipe it dry. "All better?" He took the chance the shake as much sand as he could out of Taejin's hair into the sink since he was still laying flat in his back.

"Yes sir, thanks Dad." He hesitantly opened both of his eyes. His face broke out into a grin. "It doesn't hurt any more!" He looked from me to Tae, excited.

"Good, Baby." I smiled at him. "You going back outside to play?" I asked him as Tae moved out the way so he could jump down from the counter like we knew he wanted to.

"Yes ma'am! Can I have a piece of cake? Nanny said she made chocolate cake and I loveeeee chocolate cake."

"I know Taejin." I turned the light off on Tae, holding my son at his shoulders as he walked in front of me towards the kitchen. "Mommy will cut you a big piece." He went to sit at the table while I grabbed a plastic plate from the pantry closet.

"Daddy I like your shirt." I rolled my eyes, realizing Tae hadn't went to a separate part of the House or outside like I hoped.

"Thank you. I just bought it a couple days ago when I went shopping."