"Can I have a copy?"

"Yeah of course."

Draco moved to stand behind Harry, dropping his chin on Harry's shoulder as he looked at the photo.

"I can't believe everyone let me gel my hair like that for two years and no one told me how bad it actually looked."

"Looks a lot better now."

"Thank you Potter. Now, let's move this stuff so we can eat, get over the awkward conversation with my mother, and start planning."

Draco was perfectly fine in filling up the silence, and Harry enjoyed listening to whatever the other man had to say. Soon, Narcissa was calling them for lunch.

"I made some sandwiches and soup Mr. Potter, I hope that's alright."

"Harry, please."

"Of course Harry."

"Thank you for having me Narcisaa. I don't get out much anymore, so a change of scenery is always nice."

"You're welcome here anytime Harry. I suspect some of Draco's trips to see Blaise were actually to see you?"

"A few", Draco admitted. "I didn't want to lie, but I wanted Harry to be comfortable in our friendship first. I only stopped by twice I believe? We're having dinner on Sunday though, with the Weasleys."

"Send my regards."

The lunch actually ended up being rather pleasant, and Draco seemed to be more uncomfortable than Harry did. Narcissa didn't mind that Harry mostly wrote. She was honestly surprised the boy was talking at all, even if it was just a phrase or two in a whisper.

He reminded her a lot of her Draco. It was hard not to want to take Harry in and protect him. She would especially help with the potion.

"Draco dear, go set up in your lab. I'm going to bring Harry into the greenhouse with me to pick some of the ingredients. Go on, we'll meet you up."

Knowing it wasn't a question, Draco looked to Harry for confirmation. After receiving a nod, he headed upstairs praying to every god in existence that his mother wouldn't embarrass him.

She didn't begin speaking until they had arrived in the greenhouse.

"I wanted to speak to you in private, Harry. I would like to thank you again for being there for both my son and myself. Draco needs someone like you behind him, especially now. I've noticed that he's a lot happier now since you've taken up correspondence, and I have you to thank for that.

You are always welcome in my home Harry. If there is anything at all that I can ever do for you, please let me know. We have various summer homes, so even if you just need to get away for a while where nobody knows you, that can be arranged. I cannot imagine living the life you lived, and I am so sorry that my family contributed towards that pain Harry."

She hesitated for a moment and continued to gather the ingredients.

"Sirius was my cousin, as I'm sure you know. When you're ready, I would like to share some of my memories of him with you. It's what he would have wanted. If you're to know anything, it's that he loved you more than life itself. He was so proud of you then, and I know he's even more proud of the man that you have become.

He and I kept up writing some during Hogwarts. I've never told anyone that before. I wasn't supposed to as he was exiled from the family. I did a lot of things that I wasn't supposed to do."

Harry could fill in the blanks with that one, as he was currently fighting back tears. Narcissa led him back inside.

"Sirius absolutely adored your father too, and he was so proud to be your godfather. I'm thankful that he was able to take Sirius in and give him a family. As a Potter took in a Black, it is now the time for a Black to take in a Potter.

Although, Ron's grandmother, Cedrella was also a Black. I'm unsure of how familiar with the family trees you are. It's very messy due to everyone being disowned. We do our best to care for our own. I've failed more times than I care to admit, but surviving a war is tricky business as you know."

Narcissa led Harry into her reading room, and pulled out an old book. With a flick of her wand,  a photo appeared.

"I'd like you to have this. Welcome to my family Harry, if you would like to join."

Grabbing onto the picture, he hugged Narcissa fiercely.

"Thank you", he choked out, voice strangled through his tears.

"Draco will be waiting for you."

As she left, a blurry eyed Harry made his way into the potions room. He was thankful Draco wasn't in there yet, and he collapsed against the wall, sobbing, as he held onto the picture of Sirius, Remus, and his father for dear life. As a tear fell onto the photo, it rolled right off.

Narcissa had made it both water and tear proof, knowing that Harry would need it. His lack of vulnerability and emotionless demeanour reminded her a lot of her son. That was just another regret that she had.

When the door opened, Harry didn't even react. He was too far gone, in both thoughts and emotions. He didn't realize how much significance this lunch would have until later.