Beats per minute

"Heart rate at fifty beats per minute and falling." A doctor yelled as he burst through the hospital doors, pushing an unconscious Kate in the bed infront of him.

"I require immediate backup!"

Another doctor began to run beside him.
"Stab wound on the right lumbar, potential damage to the liver. We need to get her to the theatre now!"

The bed was pushed around a corner, and into a set of a double doors which lead to a large operating room.

" Saturation is at 80%" a doctor exclaimed as she watched the heart monitor decline.

"That's too low." Another exclaimed "put her on oxygen"

The doctor nodded and immediately hooked her up to a nasal cannula.

"We need to stop the bleeding, ascertain if there is any internal damage, specifically to the liver and if so, we need to operate immediately. In the mean time, Doctor Foreman could you go and speak to Mr DiCaprio regarding Miss Winslets condition? He should be in waiting room number four"

The doctor smiled and marched out of the room.

--♤--
Meanwhile on the beach, Mia, Joe and Bear had returned and were with two police officers, one of which was now talking to Ned.

"Mr Rocknroll"

The three children attempted to suppress a snigger at the mans awful and awfully humiliating last name.

"I am hereby declaring you under arrest for inflicting Actual bodily harm upon Miss Kate Winslet under section thirty nine of the Criminal Justice Act of nineteen- eighty eight. You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned, something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence. Do you understand?"

Ned scoffed as he was placed into a set of handcuffs and lead away into a police car .

The other police officer, introducing himself as Officer Carlisle-Jones approached them.

"You kids okay?"

Mia's eyes scanned to Joe and Bear who were pushed right up against eachother, fearing that they would get hurt too.

They had just witnessed their mother being stabbed, bleeding and being rushed to hospital in an ambulance.
Of course they werent okay.

"No." Joe eventually spoke up, attempting to swallow the lump that was forming in the pit of his throat.

"Could you drive us to the hospital to see Leo and our mum?" Mia asked, pulling Joe closer towards her and setting Bear on her waist. " I don't think it's very good for Leo to stay there all worried on his own, especially if something happens to mum"

"Of course, follow me"

The officer led them to another car and sat them in the back seat before closing the door and walking round to the front.

"Which hospital was she taken to? Do you know?"

"Saint Richards" Joe replied, clipping Bears seatbelt.

"But that's in Chichester! It will take us fifteen minutes to get there, it would've taken your mum and Leo fifteen minutes to get there!"

"I know, I know, I know!" Mia brushed it off "but it's the closest one to West Wittering that deals with this type of stuff. So please just take us there, Officer"

The police officer huffed and began to drive up the B2179, northbound to the hospital before moving onto the A286. He wasnt familiar with these motorways or duel carriage ways even but the satnav led him and the three children just where they needed to be. They quickly thanked him and began to walk inside, into the waiting room, being silent so they wouldn't disrupt anyone.