Chapter 10 - Nostalgic walls

It seemed everyone was existing just as they did before I left. It was peaceful and quite like always. I stepped out of the woods slowly, all i heard was timber and dirt beneath my feet. Before I left, I buried my old white hoodie in the dirt. I should have done this earlier and deeper in the woods, but I wanted to spend as long as I could with it. It was far from white now, almost black and the muck on it mixed in and hid the bloody memories imprinted on it.

I looked down, remember the brick pattern under me, such a comforting feeling it was. There was no one in sight, just some quiet car sounds in a distance. It was most likely because of me, people are probably started to walk at night since everything I have performed in this town. I didn't leave my house often, yet all the houses around felt very familiar, as if I was always going on walks. It was time. I was getting closer and closer to Dorian's house. I felt like my heart was at my throat, and my stomach upside down. But I smiled, like I was in a movie that was five minutes from ending, right about to get to the moment the audience was waiting for the whole time.

I turned the corner beside the butcher and the small supermarket my father worked in. It gave me a second of shivers but I tried not to think about it. It wasn't what I came back to do, I only wanted to be happy now. The feeling completely left my body. There it was. Dorian's house. I saw him walking home from school a few times, its not something I would forget. I even followed him home sometimes. Before I knew it I was at the entrance, I wanted to back away, simply from the anxiety and panic I experienced at this moment. But it is all i ever wanted. Dorian. I knocked gently at the dark wooden door to the small house with dirty walls.