𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢

MATTHEO'S POV

I sigh once more. Elladora is asleep only inches from me. I'm sitting up in my bed. We stay here most nights, can't really stay in her dorm with her annoying friend in there.

My eyes travel to her again, the only time she's at peace recently is when she's sleeping. Sometimes I read her thoughts while she sleeps, it's all blurry and happy, sometimes I am there.

I hold my hand upon hers. She's always feeling so overwhelmed, like she has to solve all the problems happening around her. She always did do that, even when we were younger.

I want to help her, I really do, but the only way she'll get to be happy is if I never see her again, and even if I might sound like a selfish bastard, I won't let her get away from me. I need her. She's my only hope.

That's if I don't end up like my father. He went crazy and drove my mother crazy as well. And then he died, and she killed herself to be with him. She really did try to hold on, wait for him to finally come back to life, to her. But he took too long. Now he's taking over the wizarding world to bring her back.

That's why I need Elladora, so I don't go crazy with power. She'll hold me back from going over the edge. But if that's what we resort to, she'll be forced to give herself over to my father. Get the dark mark, marry me. I'd love to marry her, but not at that cost. If we do succeed to kill him, she can be with me and not have to go mad.

I'll keep her safe, she won't have to leave me. I don't think she wants to. My father wants to drive her away, or make sure she'll stay forever.

Falling back asleep now would be impossible, I lay back on the bed, staring at her. I might have to go to Potter to find a way to solve everything.

ELLADORA'S POV

I'm not asleep. I can't bring myself to do so, haven't been able to since I found out he slept with her again.

He thinks I am though, he watches me sleep almost every goddamn night, when he wakes up from a nightmare or something. I think it helps calm him down. I hear him shuffling around, stopping to stare at me every two minutes. Thinking I'm carefree makes him feel the same way.

He reads my mind. Well—not really my mind. I've developed a gift for Occlumency, he basically just sees what I want him to see. That's the reason why he never suspects I'm not sleeping.

Neither of us sleep. Eventually I fall asleep for an hour or two but I'm wide awake most of the nights. I should just go back to my dorm right? That would be the smart decision. But I can't, I can't stay away from him, that stupid curse, or maybe it's just me. He'd question it anyway, he'd find it weird that after spending all my nights with him at his dorm I'd just want to go back with no apparent reason. I shift to my side, turning away from him.

He's obnoxious about what's really going through my mind. The disturbing thoughts of Voldemort succeeding on winning the battle, or of him killing me. The visions of Mattheo and Astoria together make me sick to the bone.

I can't talk to any of my friends. I mean I could, but I'd only feel like a burden to them, they're all so busy with their own lives. Besides, I don't think they'd take me serious. I'm the strong one in the friend group, the one that no matter what, always keeps herself together. They've never even seen me cry. I keep all my emotions to myself, buried deep down in my soul, it's sad really.

There's people who have it worse. I keep thinking to myself. And it's true, some people do have it worse, the hunger, the wars, the world isn't fair and it certainly doesn't evolve around me.

Suddenly, I hear him come near me, lowering his head down to my ear and wrapping his arms around me as he usually does. My heart almost jumps out of my chest because of the unexpected action.

He comes even closer and whispers to me. "I won't let him hurt you, sweetheart." He tells me. Clearly he thinks I'm asleep because he'd never say something like that when I'd be able to hear him. "You won't have to get the mark, or run away. I'll save you from him, even if we have to hide forever. I'll spend forever with you." His words are honest, I can feel the sadness and darkness along with them.

But then he says something even more unexpected. The words I, or actually, nobody would ever think they'd hear Mattheo Riddle say. "You're my everything, I live for you and for you only. I love you." The whispers are faint now, practically inaudible.

And then he leans his face into my neck. It's all so confusing, if he loves me, why did he do it? To blow off steam? To get revenge on someone? I can't wrap my mind around it.

Until it clicks. Mattheo hadn't even been around Hogwarts recently, he's been spending almost every day in the manor and only coming back at night, to me. That fucking bitch lied just to get to me.

I turn my body around again, pushing Mattheo farther from me on his bed. His eyes stare back at mine. "You're awake?" He mumbles.

"Yes." I say, speaking as quietly as I can.

Concern flashes trough his eyes, afraid that I heard what he said. "For how long?" He keeps his calm, but I can see right trough him.

"I heard you." I give him a small smile. "I love you too, Mattheo, more than anything."

"Don't say too." He mutters.

"What?"

"The word too, it sounds like you feel obligated to tell me you love me." He stops speaking, then asks me again. "Do you love me Elladora?"

He's always so insecure about our relationship. Always doubting if I want to be with him or if it's just a plan to screw his father over. Doesn't think he's enough for me. I'm no angel, but in his eyes I'm perfect.

"I do." I assure him. "I love you."

He grins back at me. I hardly ever see him smile but it warms my heart every time he does. But it falls when he feels the anger inside me.

"Somethings bothering you. What is it?" He asks me seriously.

"Astoria. I'm planning a revenge." He raises his eyebrows, like always. "She said you slept with her."

Silence fills the room just like it did a few minutes ago. Mattheo looks angry now. "We should kill her." He damn serious but I can't help the laugh that escapes my lips. "Why the hell are you laughing? That bitch could have taken you from me just by lying!" He complains.

"She could never. I can't be away from you."

He's about to speak again, only this time I stop him. "Can we just go back to sleep?"

"Neither of us were sleeping, Elladora." He states.

"I think we can now."

Minutes later, we're finally asleep, after days of not being able to. I've never seen this side of Mattheo, it only lasted for about three seconds but still, I'm happy he feels that way. I'm happy he promised me he'd protect me from his father, the man who gave him life.

I think he might be the love of my life. Because I already know I'm his.

_______
1306 words