𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡

Time has been flying by so quickly. It's a few weeks after that night at the Astronomy Tower.

Mattheo hasn't really spoken to me since, he follows me but doesn't come near me, always watches from afar when I'm with my friends. I can't be anywhere without feeling like I'm being watched.

His words come to my head every now and then, 'We are not supposed to be friends', I honestly see no reason to why we can't be friends. Besides him being an arrogant prick, but if he made an effort we could actually get along.

Professor Umbridge has turned our lives at this school to hell. She's gives detention to anyone who so much as dares to go near her or even the smallest things. Fred and George must have a thousand scars on their arms, they are always planning something to mess with her or even annoy her, anything to make her mad.

Sometimes I just want to slap Fred across the face for still doing it. I'll admit it was fun when it all started, but now he always ends up at her office and not in my dorm.

They want to start a band, along with that Jhonson girl, it's such a stupid idea, but he says he can play the guitar and as long as he's happy I'm happy. George told me about him having history with this girl but me and Fred have always had trust issues and I'm really trying to work on it.

Walking my way to the library, I turn around to see Riddle walking behind me. "Okay this has to stop. You can't just follow me everywhere and not even talk to me"

"Actually I can. Who are you meeting?" He says, being an ignorant idiot like always.

"Hermione. We're studying. Want to study with us?" I ask him ironically, obviously I don't want him there.

"Hell no"

"Then go away. I'm not going to do anything. Just meeting my friend to study. No reason for you to stand in a corner and use a spell to listen to our boring conversations about potions." I'm trying to get him away from me at all costs. Harry said it was something important and that no one else could hear. Him, Ron and Hermione are probably already there waiting for me.

"Get over yourself. It's not like I want to be listening to your chats about boys with Rosier. But I never know if it's gossip or a plan to kill me, so you will have to manage." He rolls his eyes, but after a moment of silence, he surprises me by saying. "Fine. I'll go back to the common room."

"Well— good" I turn away but he stops me.

"If- you stop talking to Potter"

My body stops for a second, "What?" I ask startled.

"If you don't want me to keep following you and listening to your every conversation, you have to stop talking to Potter." He holds his hand up to his chin, "It's the only way I can be sure you're not planning something against us."

"And Hermione and Ron? Fred and George, Seamus?" If he proibis me from talking to all of my Gryffindor friends, I'll literally die.

"It's probably not very smart of me, but you can speak to your friends," he smirks "Not Weasley and Granger of course. But seeing as Finnegan doesn't believe Harry, I don't know about Tweedle dee and Tweedle dum but they don't seem to be too friendly with him at the moment."

"So I can still hang out with them?"

"Yes. Yes you can."

"Okay. Now leave. I'm still meeting Hermione today to tell her I won't be seeing them as much." I lie, hoping he'll just let me be with her this last time.

"Watch your mouth with what you tell her." he says dangerously, as if he would do anything if he found out I wasn't going to keep the promise.

"Fine. Seems like I got myself into a deal with e devil." I grin lightly and he rolls his eyes and walks away.

"See you at dinner, Clearwater" he shouts before turning a corner.

___

I explain to the trio the conversation I just had with Mattheo, and why we wouldn't be able to meet in public anymore.

"Well then we will talk trough letters" Harry says.

"But isn't that dangerous? Hedwig is a pretty recognizable owl." I say.

Hermione pipes in. "Not if we use the ones from the owlery. And in the meantime we can meet off campus. There are passages and secret rooms, we can use those."

It fascinates me how smart Hermione is. I'm sure she has as many classes as one can possibly have. She will probably take every O.W.L available and get perfect scores too. It's in her nature. My O.W.L.s weren't perfect but I got enough to complete my N.E.W.T.s and be able to get the job I want.

I've always wanted to be a lawyer in the Ministry of Magic. It's not very exciting but it's something I'm really good at, so I guess it will do.

"Well okay then, now that that's settled. What did you want to talk about Harry?"

"You know how professor Umbridge put me in detention a few days ago?" he asked. I nodded in response. "Well she tortured me."

My eyes widened immediately. Taken my expression, he quickly followed "Not like that. She used a charmed quill with which what's written in paper also scars in skin."

"That's absurd." I turned to Hermione, "Why hasn't he reported this to Dumbledore?"

"He says Dumbledore has got enough on his mind, but honestly the man has been avoiding him ever since the school year started." Ron told me instead.

"Hey! I'm still here you know?" Harry sighed "Anyways. I just wanted you to know so you wouldn't cross any lines with her. I know how you are. And we might plan something soon, I'll let you know."

I think about Fred and George, who are always crossing lines with her and probably always getting scars on their hands, their perfect and beautiful hands.

"Okay. I'll get going now, don't want to risk Riddle finding me here speaking about this with you." I get up and leave the library. Something tells me our lives are about to get a lot more messed up than what they already were.

_______
1016 words
sorry for this chapter. school has started again and i'm really troubling to find time to keep writing. i'll update soon! xx