𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢

Days pass almost as minutes, it's been a month since Draco got his mark, everyday Voldemort gives him new plans to accomplish.

On the other side, Mattheo hasn't spoken to me since the time when he assured Voldemort had fallen for our excuse. I hope everything is alright.

"Will this do?" My mother's voice aches in my ears. I glance at her. She's holding up a dark blue dress with a grin on her face.

"Yes, that's pretty." I shake her off. It's 10 in a saturday morning and we have a party planned for today.

"You've just been accepting every dress I show you, you have to pick one eventually." She complains.

"I said I'd take the first one, you just kept showing them." I cross my arms.

"Well which one do you like the most?"

"The blue one." I point to it, caving into her craziness.

"Thank you." She relaxes, resting it on my bed. "Be ready at 6pm, Enzo will be here to accompany you to the party." She tells me and leaves my room, closing the door behind her.

I enter the bathroom to shower but before I can take my clothes off I hear whooshing around in my bedroom. I go to check it out, expecting my mother to be back changing my dress or something, ready to protest and tell her to leave it alone.

But the person I find is definitely not my mother.

"Mattheo?" My heart fastens. He looks quite sick, I don't know what's happened to him but he doesn't look okay.

He turns around to face me and wraps his hands around mine. "Elladora! You're alive." He pants.

"Yes of course I'm alive. Are you feeling well, Mattheo?" I question him.

"What? Oh— Yes I'm totally fine." he tries to convince me.

"Doubtful. Why are you here?" I sit him down in my bed and sit next to him.

"I think the mark is making me insane. Like it did to my father." He paces again. "Please don't kill yourself like my mum did." He mutters.

My eyes widen. "What? What are you talking about? You're acting crazy, Mattheo, the mark is messing with your head." But it shouldn't. Why would the mark be messing with his head? It didn't do anything to my cousin, or my parents really. Not this bad anyway.

I don't even think Voldemort has a dark mark, he was just born crazy.

"I know you know I can only love one person, Elladora. My father's love was my mother. He didn't want to have a weakness so he tried to kill her." His voice is weak. Like he could break at any second. "He stopped once he realized he couldn't live without her, and she couldn't live without him either. He made her think that she couldn't, they obsessed over each other more than anything."

Mattheo stops talking for a second. Pondering wether or not if he wants to tell me the rest of his story, eventually, he starts speaking again.

"When my father died, mum thought he would not be able to come back, so she killed herself so that they could find peace together or some shit. But he came back, he came back and now he doesn't know what to do without her. He's been trying to find a way to resuscitate her from the dead." Mattheo scoffs.

"Why are you telling me all this?" My words come out weirdly, like I'm unsure of what I'm asking. In fact, I am.

"He says you remind him of her." Mattheo mutters. "He thinks you're the one girl I can love so he made me follow you to see where it would go. That's why he didn't send your cousin. He's been taunting me all summer with visions of you dying, to try and see if I have a weakness for you. Look what it did to me, Elladora."

I scanned his body, it seems like he hasn't eaten in days, he looks skinnier. The dark circles under his eyes tell me he hasn't been able to sleep.

I tried my best to keep myself together, though he basically just told me he loved me and would always do so. "We need to get some food inside you. When's the last time you had a good night of sleep?" I ask him.

"I haven't slept trough a whole night in the last month love, every time I try to do so, nightmares of my mother appear in my head, or of you. It alternates." He grunts.

"Pixie!" I call out, the house elf appears in my room moments later, waiting for a command. "Bring our guest some food please, and don't tell anyone that he's here, the dark lord is probably looking for him already."

Mattheo groans in pain again, which makes my body shake a little. "I need to come to the party tonight." He tells me.

"No. Are you insane? Your father will be there!" I try to convince him.

"Don't argue with me Elladora," He warns.

"Fine, you'll come with me and Enzo." I don't push him into not going, I know that if he's put his mind up to attending, he will be attending.

"Great." He fakes a cheerful smile. "Then me and wonder boy can bond."

"It's either that or not coming."

"Whatever." He rolls his eyes.

Pixie comes back with a tray of food, handing it to me to I can give to Mattheo, who's sitting beside me in my bed. He instantly starts eating, it really does seem like he hasn't in a while.

Minutes later, he doesn't look well but at least he's got colors in his face again.

"I'm going to change. Be back in a minute."

MATTHEO'S POV

I wait patiently for her to come out of the bathroom again, but before she has the chance to, her mother barges in the room. "What are you doing here? You know, your father has been looking for you. He sent us an urgent letter saying you ran away?"

"Shit—" Elladora exclaims when she opens the bathroom door. "Uh— mum, would you mind going back downstairs so I can explain to you what Mattheo is doing here?" She smiles politely.

Her dress is beautiful, really. It suits her.

Before her mother speaks again, I tell her. "I'm just here to take her to the party, I didn't know Mr. Berkshire was accompanying her."

Ms. Clearwater crosses her arms. "Well you should have known, he's her boyfriend." She sighs. "But the dark lord would have my head if I didn't bring you back intact so I guess you can come with us."

"Thank you, mother." Elladora says.

"I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing it so we don't all die tonight." She scolds and leaves Elladora's bedroom.

"You look nice." I tell her.

"Thanks." She says simply, gathering her stuff into her purse quickly. Why was she in such a hurry if the party doesn't start until an hour from now?

"Let's go." She grabs my arm, pulling me around the house until we're left standing in the living room.

"Where the hell are we going?" I ask.

"Malfoy manor of course." She gets a handful of floo powder.

"You idiot I can apparate us. What about your boyfriend?"

"Right." She steps out of the fireplace. "He's probably arriving."

"Why are we going so early Elladora?"

"Because I can't stand another second inside this house." She pants.

_______
1213 words