𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎

Being a Clearwater was everything I never wanted. Being one of Voldemort's followers, following his every order. He has finally come back after all these years and the first thing he does is go after a fifteen year old boy. Pathetic.

My parents would do anything for this men. Well- my father really. Mother doesn't really care about all this but still pushes me into it, they say it's "family tradition", I say it's bullshit.

I'm starting my 6th year at Hogwarts next week and they already have the whole year planned for me. When Voldemort came back last year, in the tournament, he killed Diggory, one of my closest friends, and that's when I finally decided I did not want to be on his side no matter what I had to do to accomplish it.

I told Harry, Hermione and Ron that I would help them do anything to defeat the monster controlling my family's every move, but something tells me that my mission is about to become a little more difficult since he has his son spying on me now.

"Riddle why are you even doing this?" I ask the boy across sitting in the sofa across from me, in my own living room.

He doesn't like me very much, we've known each other our whole lives, along with Draco. He looks up at me with a stern face for a split second, before looking down to his book again. "My father thinks you're in stupid Potter's side, and I know you are. So he sent me to keep an eye on you and make sure you're not ruining any plans my father has for this year" he told me in a serious tone.

"That's pathetic, he should know I'm loyal to him and would never do something like that, my mother wouldn't allow me." I tell him, trying to make it sound as genuine as I could.

My mother is one of the Black sisters, Fionna Black to be exact (for the sake of the story there will be 4 sisters), she married Charles Clearwater. That making me Malfoy's cousin and him one of my only friends.

"You should know better than to lie to me like that, Elladora." He said dangerously. "I'm the dark lord's son, I don't fall for your little tricks like your idiot of a boyfriend does." he rolls his eyes.

He's talking about Fred obviously, I've been dating him since the beginning of my fifth year. He's a year older than us but he's honestly the nicest boy I've ever been with.

"Don't say that, he's not an idiot. Besides, you know I'm not lying. I have no reason to." I said, staying as calm as I could. Me and Riddle have never gotten along, and now with him following me everywhere I go, I'm expecting we never will. But in fact, I do have a reason to be against Voldemort, he killed one of my best friends.

Before he could speak up again, I heard a knock on the front door. I got up quickly and sprinted to open it, knowing who it was.

"Hi!" I smiled once I saw the face of my best friend.

"Hello? You darned bitch! You haven't written me back in ages!" she shouted, and came inside, pushing past me. But once she saw Mattheo sitting in my couch her smile fell into a shocked expression "Is he what you've been occupied doing all summer?" she asked me in an surprised voice.

"Obviously not, do you think I would ever do anything with that bloody twat?" I responded, chuckling. "I have a boyfriend, Arielle, have a little faith in me."

"A hideous boyfriend, who is clearly half blind" Mattheo chuckled from where he was sitting.

Arielle laughed, siding with him. "Well but your boyfriend is a Gryffindor, we all know you could do much better, even Zabini would be a better boyfriend." She stated matter of factly.

None of her friends really adored the fact that I was dating a Gryffindor. But believe me, I had tried with Slytherins before, and they were no better.

"Zabini? Have you gone mental? He's my cousin's best mate!" I shouted at her, jokingly, "I know he's funny, and hot, but hot even that one can be and you don't see me all over him!" I whisper, nodding my head towards Mattheo.

I know he heard me, but he kept quiet, with only a smirk formed on his lips. I'm not going to lie, he's as hot as one can be. If he weren't such an idiot, maybe I could actually get along with him.

"What's he doing here anyways?" she lowered her voice too, so he couldn't hear us talking about him.

"I'm not sure, my parents invited him and told me he will be keeping an eye on me this year to make sure I don't switch sides or something like that. But he's still in my living room reading and won't answer any of my questions, so I got annoyed and just stopped asking." I told her.

"Are you going to switch sides?" she asked again. I know she doesn't support Voldemort, neither of us do, except Mattheo of course. But my group of friends would never do something such as befriending Potter or any of his Gryffindor friends, they wouldn't rat me out either.

"Yes. I'm working on it. Harry wrote to me saying that nobody believes him," I said "The minister is trying to hush it all down, saying Dumbledore and Harry are crazy for telling everyone that the Dark Lord has returned, he's terrified for it to be true so he's telling everyone it isn't!"

"Goodness," was the last thing she said before we were interrupted by my mother entering the room.

"Oh hello Arielle, good to see you. How are your parents?" she asked the girl standing next to me.

"They're good, and yourself?" Arielle asked my mother. Out of respect of course. Once again, me and my friends don't support Voldemort, nor do we support anything our parents do.

"I'm fine thank you. Are you here to get ready for the party tonight?"

Arielle smiled lightly. "Why yes I am."

"Alright then, I'll leave you girls to it." she told us and then turned to Mattheo "What are you still doing here?"

"Oh I'm coming with you to the party, Lucius had some business to do, if you know what I mean. And Narcissa is setting up the preparations for the party, so she told me and Malfoy go get out of the house so she could do it quietly." He told her. I didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth.

Me and my best friend exchanged looks before looking back to the two death eaters in front of us.

My mother simply nodded and walked back into the kitchen.

I grabbed Arielle's hand and took her to my bedroom. I'm rather excited about this party, aunt Cissy always plans the best parties ever, and all my friends are coming so it will be exciting.

________
1128 words
i hope you like the first chapter 🧍🏼‍♀️👾😀