┗ 𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠-𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙𝘛𝘏 𝘞𝘐𝘕𝘒

Start from the beginning

"The drama sucks."

"Exactly."

"What war did you and Kenjirou have this time?" He casually queried, sipping on the straw of his drink. None of them looked at each other since they didn't find the need to.

Yui subconsciously missed the food she planned to take in her chopsticks, "Don't assume something happened when he doesn't come."

"It's the first. You usually drag him whatever reason he had."

"I'm not that inconsiderate." She feigned hurt, but smiled a little afterward at the unperturbed visage of his, "Okay, maybe a bit. It's nothing though. My head just hurts so I don't feel like dealing with that. I didn't get a wink of sleep."

"Is the movie that sad?"

She paused, taking the edible piece to her mouth. At the ironic statement, she shook her head, feeling the corner of her lips turn into a frown, "It was."

As they both expected, there were few lingering stares and double glances directed to them from none other than her classmates. Most couldn't care any less, but Shio and her friends couldn't keep their eyes shut. Yui saw, how one of them nudged the female's elbow and pointed to them with their eyes.

When she chose to welcome everything and locked gazes with Shio, Yui almost adored the black weaves of her hair braided at the sides that met at the back of her head. The similar shade of her orbs was a dazzle to look at, she admitted. As though Shio couldn't comprehend what she was served, the curvature of her lips couldn't keep in place.

Beneath her straight face, Yui found it— the look of betrayal in her foot taking a step back and her prolonged attention.

"Is that Shio-san?"

Kawanishi didn't look behind him to see, nor above his food to face his manager. But, there couldn't be anyone else that Yui would bother looking at in the middle of eating and not speak about it, so he whispered his question.

"Yeah. Sorry about this." She broke eye contact and turned to her food again, "Can you guess my future?"

"Kenjirou?"

She winced, glaring at him weakly, "I guess I'll have my pretty face all over their feed again."

"You knew this was going to happen."

"Yeah," Sighing, she rubbed her cheek with her free hand, "But, Goshikii's busy. And—" Suddenly, she didn't continue, and instead opted to observe the group of friends that retreated from the corner of her perspective.

How a friend could turn to a stranger quickly was terrifying— but, she was over all of that shit.

Would it be this easy to leave them too?

She couldn't stand the thought.

"I'm... I think I'll stay at the infirmary. I don't feel too well."

At that point, he finally looked up. His expressionless visage examined the nonchalant look she sent back. To him, she honestly seemed perfectly fine. However, the constant prolonged closure of her eyes may be the sign of the occurring headache she was talking about earlier if he wasn't mistaken.

He doubted that it was because of Shio's appearance. She'll never lie about her thoughts on someone— and the fact that she didn't care about their opinions.

He blamed the movie and the sleepless night she mentioned.

"I'll inform the teacher."

"Thanks."