┗ 𝘍𝘐𝘍𝘛𝘏 𝘞𝘐𝘕𝘒

━━━━━━━━

𝘍𝘐𝘍𝘛𝘏 𝘞𝘐𝘕𝘒:

— you refuse to look at me.

━━━━━━━━

"Otsuka-chan, what are you reading?"

A shadow lurked over the pages of the book. The Japanese characters seemed to blur the more the man behind her came near. Yui didn't need to turn around in order to determine who the voice belonged to - no one speaks the same way as Goshiki, after all.

The inquisitive peers stabbing the back of her head bore no detrimental means but plain curiosity. At this, the female of the shortest stature in comparison to the rest of the team questioned no one in her thoughts; do they always approach someone like this?

Shiratorizawa's volleyball team was intimidating, at the very least.

"A novel, Goshikii-kun," she began, not once leaving the words - entirely captivated with the turn of events. From the corner of her eyes, she saw him take the vacant seat beside her with the other members occupying several seats. It was a simple gesture, but she liked how Goshiki's body faced her for her to know that he was still listening. "You know Snow White? What I have is a retelling book - a new version of the older."

"Then, that novel has the same plot?"

She hmmed, her finger turning the page for another part of the chapter, "Somehow. It's like a.. fractured piece. This one is told only in the Prince's perspective."

"Does that make it interesting? You still know what happens next."

Yui gleamed, finally facing the quizzical boy. In a swift movement, she placed the book on top of the table and took his hands in hers. Goshiki felt heat rush to his ears, suddenly hyperaware of the glances he was receiving. He couldn't find the strength to speak without tripping over his tongue from the warmth engulfing his hands. The smile that resurfaced on the beaming teen in front of him, her eyes that held more than just warm fuzzies, and her fingers that felt so fragile - it was quite literally going to drive him crazy.

He heard some of his teammates stifle a laugh. Everyone knew it was his first time to hold hands with a girl.

Well... not that they knew how that felt like.

"It makes everything interesting, Goshikii-kun. You get to see what goes on in a character's mind. Even if the same events occur, you'll know why the Prince even bothered to kiss a dead body."

The flustered boy acknowledged that she did have a point. He attempted to swallow all of the embarrassment - failing, of course - because Yui hasn't removed her hands, "Why did he..?"

"That's what I'm trying to find out, silly. I'm still at chapter one. But.. he could be death itself, I guess."

Goshiki didn't get what she meant.

With that, Yui retracted her hands and the poor man can finally let go of the breath he was unconsciously holding. Geez, he never thought a female's hand could be so comforting.

"Do you want to be a writer, Otsuka-san?"

The female shook her head dismissively, picking up the book, "Not at all. I don't particularly like reading either. I just want answers."

"You're going to read an entire novel just to get answers?" The ash blond-haired male chimed into the conversation. By now, everyone was listening in the exchange aside from two individuals. Tendou was explaining to Ushijima that no one got fractured at the other end of the table - since the latter arrived late.