┗ 𝘍𝘐𝘍𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘏 𝘞𝘐𝘕𝘒

━━━━━━━━

𝘍𝘐𝘍𝘛𝘌𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘏 𝘞𝘐𝘕𝘒:
you don't like lavender.

━━━━━━━━

"Champion Ace, Ushijima Wakatoshi, led his team to victory, giving Shiratorizawa Academy their first victory. The scores against the opposing team, Ohgiminami, were 25-10 in set one, and 24-6 in set two. They won by a landslide, never losing the advantage. They proved they are worthy title holders. Will the title holders easily secure their ticket to nationals like last year? Or will a team appear to challenge and stop them? They're the team to watch."

"What is Shiratorizawa's strongest point?"

"Solid player strength. Simple power to crush any team— it's an irrefutable law of nature."

"Shiratorizawa never comes off as nervous whenever they enter a match; is there any particular reason?"

"If getting nervous is a factor to holding back against their opponents, then it's better to disregard that emotion entirely."

Yui declined uncomfortably in her steps—hearing the familiar words from herself through the device Goshiki held. After the series of their ace's splendid camera angles within the news and Coach Washijo's questionnaire, she almost hoped that she wouldn't hear about hers. Thankfully, they didn't air the part she disliked; but that doesn't ascertain that she wouldn't see it online or in papers.

Goshiki slowed his pace to supposedly reach the manager walking behind the group. Their coach kicked all of them out of the gymnasium after the usual meeting and cleaning up because, he assumed, they were being too loud regarding the start of the news. "This reminds me, Otsuka-chan—"

"She ran away." Kawanishi calmly interrupted, having caught the female in act upon the start of the news, since he was walking behind the group as she was. Indeed, she was gone the moment the 1st-year looked around to confirm.

She must have gone back to the girl's dorm.

Yui let out a satisfied sigh at reaching the entrance. She'll feel guilty for not bidding them goodbye for the day if it weren't for the fact that she was tired for today and just wanted the rest she absolutely deserved. Including another interrogation, before the night ends should no longer be taken into consideration.

Not before hearing the vibration within the pockets of her trousers.

Reaching for her phone in haste, she unlocked the notification after a few taps. It was a message to remind her that she had, once again, forgotten to return the jacket she took since earlier. The familiar weight draped over her shoulders to warm herself. Unfortunately, with the overwhelming passion to leave the conversation earlier, it left her mind.

sorry, i forgot.
i'll go there in a minute.

His reply came not even a minute after— adding to her conclusion that he was waiting for her statement as well. He told her to wait outside her dorm. Apparently, the team stopped by the store to get food, so he wasn't at their dorm just yet.

She took the mentioned piece of clothing off of her and leaned against the wall. The reason wasn't really too important— why she always borrows another, even when she had her own jacket. She liked the way it reaches past her fingertips and covers the entirety of it.

Maybe she'll ask Saito tomorrow if it was possible to request a larger size— if he wasn't too busy. She didn't think of it as much of a problem before, however, her case of having cold hands whenever she feels nervous or ill about something was bothering her a lot nowadays.

Especially upon the existence of that prodigy.

An unknowing frown settled upon her lips. Just the thought of it is creating dishevelment in her stomach.

"Hey, Semi-kun. Here you go." She waved a bit, before walking up to him once he came into perspective. The female meekly returned the clothing, careful not to touch his privacy with her outstretched fingers. Yui grinned timidly as she maintained eye contact. "It slipped my mind."

"You can return it anytime." He shared the glance— prolonging it as he did so. He observed her seeming to bite the inside of her cheek before looking away, rather disapprovingly.

"I have like— Shirabu's hoodie, Goshikii-kun's spare shirt that he placed in my bag the other day because he didn't bring his, and Yamagata-kun's socks. Please don't question the socks. I don't even know how it got in my locker." Her thoughts appeared to be on another matter as she almost cringed at whatever's in her mind; he assumed the male was once again losing things, subconsciously placing them anywhere and forgets about its existence until the next few hours. "I don't want to be labeled a clothes stealer any time soon."

He smiled a little in amusement; it was better when she's speaking what's in her mind. "You have my sympathy, Otsuka-san."

Slinging the clothing over his shoulders, he could distinguish the faint scent of a woman's perfume clinging to the fabric. It was pleasantly sweet and fresh. Nevertheless, he took a few steps forward and ruffled her hair for a fugacious second before saying, "Good night."

She nodded, waving her hand with the same words when he walked away.

That reminds her to make an effort to stop the label of clothes stealer to come her way in the future when she least expects it. Yui walked inside the infrastructure, sending her greetings to the guard, and made her way to her room to prepare herself for rest at having her morning to night occupied with volleyball. They arrived in the afternoon, but then meetings and cleanings are inevitable, so the rest she desired moved farther from her reach. Her aching cramps weren't helping much either.

Entering the walls of her comfort, she threw the bag somewhere on her desk before laying on her stomach when she'd seen the consolation her bed ought to provide. With her head sideways, she refused to indulge herself in her longing for sleep and opened her phone.

<To: Goshikii | 20:31>
Goshikii-kun
please take your shirt tomorrow

<To: lost and found | 20:31>
please look at my locker tomorrow
i forgot to mention it til now

<To: Kenjirouಥ‿ಥ| 20:33>
ill return it tomorrow promise

To be honest, she really didn't mind having any side duties— but if more laundry is going to be involved, she'll take the measures to prevent that.

You say that every day?

p r o m i s e .
i did my best
washing it and everything
u know

Don't add your perfume.
It's nauseating.

lavender is not nauseating!!
we need to get your senses checked
plus
it's expensive!!

Ask the store for a refund.

that's not how it works
and you're the only one
who doesn't like it
so
shut up

He really did.