┗ 𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘙𝘋 𝘞𝘐𝘕𝘒

━━━━━━━━

𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘙𝘋 𝘞𝘐𝘕𝘒:

— you make me feel alone.

━━━━━━━━

Never did she fear the future.

Humans possess no control over their destined path. Even back then, when she was still a child, she already swallowed the truth that no one can see what the outcome will be. Speculations and surprises, wagers and risks - it didn't invoke dread nor hesitance from her whatsoever.

The suspense, the unknown; isn't that what makes everything worth looking forward to?

She can utter the same thing about the past. It's an entire irony for her really - the string of fate tugged from the past to the future in an inevitable line. Don't we fear the future because we don't want to repeat the past? Fear, itself, is immobilizing. It decorates around a person's neck, much like an enthralling ornament, and slowly strangles the beholder when they choose to purchase more - and more; completely overwhelming every optimism.

Yui isn't afraid of what occurred in the past nor what the future has in store for her.

But, without a doubt, she fears the present.

Especially since Shirabu was purposely ignoring her calls.

"Pick up already, Kenjirou dumbass!" She hissed to no one in particular, pacing back and forth in the corridor of Shiratorizawa's dorm for girls. Yui will prefer any other situation at the moment - anything. The air conditioner seeping through the fabric of her uniform wasn't helping to ease the awkwardness she felt standing alone in front of a door that won't miraculously open, "I swear if you don't - "

Beep.

Yui was on the verge of throwing the vase she was subconsciously glowering at.

Her 29th call was dismissed again.

Shutting her eyes, she let out a breath - Shirabu must have thought she was pestering him for absolute nonsense. She ran a hand through her hair, trying her best to calm down and think of any other possible solution.

Although it wasn't involved in her duties, she did bother memorizing information about her own team - even their rooms. Goshiki's room is located on the second floor of the boy's dorm; simply, it would be too shameful to trouble him and his precious sleep. Yui contemplated, but his room is the closest to the heartless brat that cannot even -

The key she left in his bag was the spare one that she got from the lobby already. Any more and there will surely be fee charges. She puffed her cheeks, already walking down the stairs before her mind even told her to.

It was partly her fault anyway.

She'll take a stroll to a near convenience store - which is still within the school premises. She was able to pass through the security guard through an alibi she randomly came up with. Being a manager for one of the best teams in Japan sure had its perks. Yui candidly waved the man off with, "I forgot something in the gym. I'll be quick."

He didn't have any other suspicion; she had a key to the gym even. Yui doesn't have a bad reputation to hinder her wishes as well.

R-Right, the gym!

Someone might still be there for prolonged practice, which isn't anything unusual for the volleyball team.

When she perceived the gym from a short distance after a turn around the baseball field, the lights were on. Anyone, literally anyone - just please be someone.