𝗖𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗘

━━━━━━━━

CLOSE:
— you leave me easily.

━━━━━━━━

"You're dreaming of him again." He scoffed.

Cheeks resting on her palm, she glanced at him for a mere second before reverting her gaze back to their subject - the corners of her lips rising ever so slightly. The arctic beverage in her other hand was long forgotten; so was he.

A wistful sigh escaped her lips, "I'm not."

"Sure," he shrugged a second after, growing uninterested at every passing second. This situation had occurred far too many times - that even her reply seemed like a line taken from a rehearsed monologue of her own. Boy, he sure was tired of repeating the same scene countless times - with the same characters and the same stupidity, "I'm considering moving to another seat soon. I fail to understand how you abuse the right to be foolish every time."

She turned her head a bit from the direction she was staring at, giving him a side glance for a second. He met her unwavering gaze, so she refuted the attention he gave her with a close-eyed smile, "You won't leave me."

He blinked. The blank look remained on his face as he stood up - seemingly without a second thought.

"Fine! Be that way, Shirabu!"

The team watched unperturbed. The exchange between the two became so normal that most of them preferred to ignore it. Tendou, amused - though he did find it irksome every once in a while, trained his eyes on the setter who chose to sit next to one of his teammates on the other end of their group; leaving their manager drinking from her beverage angrily as she mumbled curses beneath her breath about how single Shirabu ought to be for the rest of his life. However, her stare at the boy she admired playing on the court did not falter at all.

Tendou resisted the urge to laugh. He was certain of most of his teammates' thoughts at the moment. Even if all of their eyes are fixated on the ball spiked across the court, they wondered what circumstance brought the two individuals to date each other before.

With their constant portrayal of hate, it just seemed so impossible for them to have loved one another.

Perhaps, he might have let out a chuckle as to why he can feel the two aforementioned individuals glaring at him.

━━━━━━━━

Forty Winks | K. Shirabu
©shia-nx

━━━━━━━━