┗ 𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠-𝘚𝘌𝘊𝘖𝘕𝘋 𝘞𝘐𝘕𝘒

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I only want what's best for all of us, Yui."

She refused the urge to scoff with the limited self-control she had left, "Don't fabricate your words with false predilection. You just want the money and fame that comes with it."

"You're putting everything on me. Weren't you the one who begged me to take you in that audition, and you're backing out now?"

It was an incognizant occasion. The overwhelming desire to pursue the dreams she had seen in televisions, the stories she had read in books, the alternate reality she wanted to live in— it was almost a blur to remember how she told her father with utmost felicity, held his hands and smiled in ignorance of the pain that awaits.

"That was back then." There was a sense of nostalgia in the wince that tainted her lips, "You lost the argument before it even started. I'll do what I want when I want to. Please withdraw the application you sent."

"I already did when she heard about it." In an instant, she threw her gaze at him. Her mind was filled with relief, but she couldn't help but feel nothing more than irritation at the thought of her mother in a conversation with this man, "I can't have your mother filing a divorce."

This time, she couldn't hide the scornful expression she wore, "That sounds pitiful."

"Yeah, so, cut me some slack and listen for once."

She rolled her eyes.

"I do. I honestly listen to what you say, but let me borrow your words, Hideo-san. Cut me some slack and give me my life too."

"It's difficult to understand you."

"You don't need to. Mom will." A sigh was all she could muster, "Just.. please believe in me for now. I'm not throwing my life away nor am I doing nonsensical things. In the same way, you can't have Mom leave you, I can't leave them."

Mimicking her previous actions, he portrayed a faint mockery in his tone, "That's pitiful."

"Perhaps everything is. To leave and to be left."

From the raise of his brow and the confusion on his face, she could tell he didn't get where her words came from. Nevertheless, he knew what she was implying, so he continued, "And to have a daughter who refuses to listen to her father."

"To have a father who refuses to listen to her daughter." She retorted, crossing her arms.

Emptiness again took over, silencing the two beating hearts they bore and the emotions it endured. In the corner of her perspective, she saw a nurse briefly peek through the glass pane— possibly to see if the patient was alone. Upon confirmation, she disappeared along the hallway Yui couldn't get a glimpse on.

He followed her line of sight before putting an end to the absence of voices, "I heard your team will be at the Nationals next week. Best of luck."

"Yes, thank you." Genuinely, she nodded. As long as it concerns her team, she had no reason to harbor any ill feelings, even to someone she doesn't favor, "Please take care of yourself. I won't be able to visit for a while."

"The interview— know what, never mind. Don't come crying when he doesn't prioritize you the way that you do."

She frowned; why only now did she realize that it was him that told Saito about things he shouldn't be aware of.  The recognized setter must be tired from running in the minds of who she speaks to. There was no use thinking about how it would've been if she didn't utter the words to let go. She was past it, everything, and she was certain he was too. "I told you. I'm not staying for him anymore. That was absolutely childish. I'm sincerely fond of the team."