Chapter 11: Family

Xiao Xingchen and Song Zichen were still in Yunmeng Jiang Sect as they needed to wait for Wei Wuxian. Xiao Xingchen smiled at Song Zichen. Xiao Xingchen was the only person who could touch Song Zichen as Song Zichen only allowed him and not anybody else, besides he was a mute and Xiao Xingchen was blind, Song Zichen had to write the characters by touching on Xiao Xingchen's body.

Wen Ning, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji arrived with the Wen remnants. Jiang Yanli and Wen Qing went to greet them, Jiang Yanli said:

"A-Xian!"

Jiang Yanli then smiled brightly. They helped people get inside and sit. They were all gathered on a big pavilion as Jiang Yanli sat on a table and before starting to take a note of their names, she said:

"A-Xian, Master Xiao and Master Song are waiting for you."

Wei Wuxian nodded and left to see them, Lan Wangji followed him, he knocked on the door, Song Zichen opened the door for them and let them in, he sat down as Xiao Xingchen started speaking:

"Wei..."

He wasn't sure what to call him, their age was so close yet Xiao Xingchen was Wei Wuxian's senior uncle, they randomly met when he and Song Zichen caught Xue Yang, he cleared his throat and said:

"Wei Ying, why did you tell us to wait for you?"

Wei Wuxian looked at him and said:

"Senior uncle, I know you want to start your own sect with brother Song. I wanted you to stay for the conference as the valuables of Lanling Jin Sect will be discussed."

Xiao Xingchen got a bit angry and said:

"We don't want anything to do with the big sects."

Wei Wuxian smiled, but then realized that Xiao Xingchen couldn't see it, he happily continued:

"I know senior uncle, I know you help the needy without expecting anything in return, I would do the same too. Now you two helped big sects, and we would like you to stay for the conference, at least listen to it, I know you caught Xue Yang and brought him before Jin Guangshan, it must have felt terrible that the big sects refused to punish him. Senior uncle, just stay, the conference is this evening, and we would like to have you. You may leave afterwards, besides, I am your nephew, will you break the heart of your nephew? What would your shijie think?"

Xiao Xingchen giggled:

"Fine, we can stay this evening too."

Both Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji left the room. They went to the ancestral hall and knelt. They burnt incense, prayed and bowed twice, then Wei Wuxian said:

"Uncle Jiang, Madam Yu, you wanted me to take care of Jiang Cheng and shijie, I did, I took care of them. Forgive me for coming here and disturbing your peace. Today, I brought a gentleman with me, I brought Lan Zhan before your eyes. I, son of Wei Changze and Cangse Sanren, the senior disciple of Yunmeng Jiang Sect, Wei Ying, would like your blessings to become cultivation partners with the gentleman next to me, he appears wherever the chaos is, bringing light with him, they call him Hanguang-Jun (Light-Bearing Lord), they are right to give him such a title. Jiang Cheng didn't say anything to us, I think he also approves. Ah, he got married with the best doctor of Qishan Wen sect, Wen Qing. Uncle Jiang, forgive me, I abandoned the sword to protect Jiang Cheng and Yunmeng Jiang Sect, please don't be mad at me."

He looked at Lan Wangji and they did the third bow before leaving the ancestral hall, then they saw Jiang Yanli. Lan Wangji bowed and left. Wei Wuxian looked at Jiang Yanli:

"Shijie, is something wrong?"

She shook her head:

"No. Xianxian, what did you speak with our parents?"